Chapter 5: Dylan

Chapter 5: Dylan

[edited]

🍒Angela🍒

I'm a barbie girl,

in a barbie world.

Life in plastic,

it's fantastic.

You can brush my hair,

and dress me everywhere...

Imagination...

Huh? Who's ringing me this early?

I groaned as I realised that it's not my phone but my alarm clock. Whoever set this song on my alarm clock must've been hell bent on taking revenge from me? But who in the h*ll would do this to me? I whirl through my brain to get a memory of someone who could do this when I hear a 'boo' above me and I shrieked loudly falling off the bed in process.

Ow! My back left this world early. Now, I'm backless.

"Ahahahah!" I heard a person laughing. I yawned loudly before I open one eye and looked at the culprit.

NO!

I couldn't believe my eyes.

What is he doing here? Am I dreaming? I mean how can he be here? He was gone.

"Dylan!" I jumped up excitedly seeing my partner in crime return after so many years.

"Glad to see you remember me!" he grinned before pulling me into a hug.

Putting my hands on his back, I  hugged him tightly. I love him. Of course, as a big brother. He's older than me by 8 months. He always took care of me. Whenever, I felt down, he would always find ways to cheer me up. We were in the same grade and we used to plan amazing pranks.

He was also our school's football quarterback. He had all the girls wrapped around his fingers. He's really handsome with dirty blonde hair and green eyes. It's been 3 years since he and his family left this city because of his dad's transfer.

"Of course, I do, silly! What are you doing here?"

"I'm hurt that you think like that Ella!" he put his left hand in his heart feighning hurt.

I rolled my eyes at this and slapped him lightly on his right arm, "I mean how did you get here? Did your dad transferred back?"

At this he nodded and smiled, "Yep!"

We both laughed and danced a bit in my room doing funny moves until we were tired.

We laid on our bed breathing heavily and he told me about his life and I told him about mine. It was 7:43 am when both of us recognized we have school today.

"Oh my, God!" we both shrieked, getting out of the bed. I started searching for my clothes while telling Dylan that his clothes were not here.

He cursed loudly and he moved his hand blindly, making the calendar in the side table fall off. He picked it up in a hurry and then put it back on the table and I accidentally looked at the date which showed 17th and above it was written 'Sunday' which caused me to groan loudly.

"Today's Sunday, Dylan!" My pained voice came out.

Dylan stopped whatever he was doing and looked at me with a blank look. "Oh," he said as soon as realization dawned upon him.