Chapter 4: Locked

Picture: KC ^^

*********************

[edited]

🍒Angela🍒

My eyes widened but not at the fact that I had been caught but at the fact that I knew that guy.

"KC, is that you?"

***

"Angi?"

I was starting in shock at the guy in front of me. What is he doing here? Where was he all this time? How? Many questions were running in my mind.

"You guys know each other?" This time it was Mason who asked. He was looking at us both, most probably confused.

"Yes. He's my cousin," I answered him and then turned towards KC, narrowing my eyes, "Where were you KC? You've been gone for a whole 3 years and do you know aunt Joanna was sick worried when you left!" I scolded him.

He had no idea how everyone without me was worried. I'm joking, I was worried too. Aunt Joanna is my father's sister and let me tell you she is cool. But after his disappearance, she became depressed and silent. After all, he was her only son.

"I know, but--"

"I am taking none of your excuse, so let's go home!"

"Ang--"

"And I'm in no mood to argue!" I said in a voice that radiates finality and led him out.

"Wait Angel!" And...I left poor Mason there, alone, hanging.

***

"LOOK WHAT I BROUGHT HOME!" I shouted as soon as I opened the door if my house.

"I am a who Angela!" KC corrected, frowning.

I grinned, "Whatever."

"Who is there, Ella?" My mother asked. She was probably in the kitchen.

At the same time KC muttered, "You're still the same."

"Of course," Then I answered mom, "Come and see for yourself, mom!"

She came into the living room where we were and gasped as soon as she saw KC, "Ka--"

"Aunty!" he interrupted looking at my mom, wide eyed.

Mom's eyes widened as realization hit her and made an apologetic face, "I'm sorry! But what are y-? Where were you?"

"It's okay, Aunty!" He smiled, "And I-"

"What is your full name, KC? She was about to speak your full name, wasn't she?" I asked, quite curious. I've always wanted to know the full form of KC.

"I don't tell brats my full name," he said, shrugging nonchalantly.

I gasped, "Whom did you call a brat!?"

"You, of course," he snickered.

Oh. Here we go. "You know what, I'm no cactus expert but I know a prick when I see one!"

I mentally patted my back for coming with a food comeback.

"A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind!" He retorted back.

I gaped at him, "You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?"

"Were you born on the highway? That is where most accidents happen," he said it, sweetly, like he was stating something good.