Chapter 18: Safe Haven Or Divergent?

Chapter 18: Safe Haven or Divergent?

🍒Angela🍒

"Ok. Ok. But I was just staying at a friends house, no big deal." I explained to Mason.

"You know it is for me. When you go out and don't come back at time, I am supposed to worry! The least you could do is inform me about the right thing! In this dangerous city I can't leave you alone. You're innocent, Angela." His voice was so soft at the end that I pouted. He called by my full name for the first time (or I think so), which means it is really serious. Not that it had any impact on me or anything.

I knew what I did was wrong and I didn't even tell him about the fight. At the party. Or he would kill me. But I know I had to. I had to tell him about all that. He was looking for my safety and I was not doing the right thing by hiding it from him. I had to tell him but when?

I never want my death. When would I tell him? I don't know when I would tell him but I did know one thing that it won't be now.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I would tell you everything from now on." I told him and put my hand on top him on my face to reassure him.

He put his forehead on mine, providing me warmth and I smiled.

"Promise?"

"Yes. I promise. Now, go get me something to eat. I'm hungry."

He flicked my forehead, "Way to ruin the moment." And left me to laugh.

•••

A few days passed by in a blur. Everything was going great. No commotion. No threats. No guns pointed at me. No dangerous. Just this peaceful environment, Mason and I. Living peacefully, at his house. Or perhaps, I should say the safe house.

"The Safe Haven or Divergent?" I asked Mason as I looked at the CD's.

"I say Divergent because Nicholas Spark's novels are filled with romance." He answered, not looking up from the file he was looking at.

"Divergent it is then! But that's just because Theo James is so hot!" I retorted putting the CD in the player.

When I sat down Mason was looking at me with an unpredictable look on his face. "Cherry, I can get you more CD's which do not have Theo James in it."

I gave him a confused look; scrunching my nose and pouting. "Why would you do that? I just told you I like him not that I hate him."

"Exactly, the reason." He commented, putting the files away and sitting next to me on the couch. He put his hand on my shoulder as the movie started. I looked at his face and saw that his attention was solely on the movie. I let my eyes run on his face. He had slight stubble growing, which made him looking more hot.

Yes. I would not deny that I just called him hot. He is. He's quite good looking guy. With dark brown hair and grey eyes, his squared jaw and straight nose, his perfectly plump lips curled into a smile, he was a perfection. His grey eyes looking into mine an--Wait! When was he looking at me?!

I gasped and moved away from him a bit when I saw that his lips were curled into a gorgeous smirk and his eyes were looking into mine.

"Like what you see, Angel?" he questioned making me gulp.

"Um. . . I wasn't looking at you!" I spoke rapidly.

He laughed, "Liar. When someone speaks so fast, that means they're lying."

"No. . .when someone speaks so fast it means they're. . .they're. . .telling the truth!"

That was dumb, Angela!

I know but what can I do?

"Liar, liar, Angela on fire." He said in sing-song tone.

I smirked, "I know. That's because I'm hot."

"You're diverting the topic completely, Angi!" He argued.

"Oh! Diverted reminded me that I was watching Divergent.  So go get me some popcorn and a drink, sweet Mase." I smiled, cutely.

"Gosh! Don't pull that face on me and don't order me!" Although, he said it, he still got up to get the things, like the nice guy he is.

We're lucky to be in The City. They say the war was terrible. That the rest of the world was destroyed. Our founders built the wall to keep us safe and they divided us into five groups, factions, to keep the peace. The smart ones, the ones who value knowledge and logic are in Erudite. They know everything. Amity farm the land. They're all about kindness and harmony, always happy. Candor value honesty and order. They tell the truth, even when you wish they wouldn't.

"Here are your popcorns and your drink, Your Highness. Anything else, you'd like to be served?" He pretented to be a servant which made me laugh.

"No, peasant, I'll call you when I need anything," I said, pretending too and did a weird action with my hand telling him to go.

We both laughed and settled down and ate while watching the movie.

ⓂMasonⓂ

The past few days I've been feeling more strongly for Angela. Stronger than the past. Spending time with her had been the best. Everytime, I look at her my feelings grow. This is something I haven't felt with anybody. Not even Joanna.

I always seem to get soft towards her. I was never like this. Soft was a word, nobody would ever describe me with. When I'm with my gang members, I'm hard, ruthless and unsympathetic. But with Angela, I always seem to let go. She hadn't seen that side of me and I hope she never will.

It's the side I don't want her to see. I don't want to tarnish her innocence. I don't want her smile gone. Her cute, beautiful smile that lightens my dark, menacing world. I love how she orders me. Nobody else can do but she does and that makes her even more special.

I can surely say that I like her. I like her, a lot. I like her so much more.

My phone rang, startling me.

I was annoyed, "What, Dylan?!"

"Mason, there's a problem."

"What?"

"Someone's gotten into our territory. And that someone is not Carl."

Fu•k!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

[a/n: not proofread]

Hello, my lovely friends!

Here it is! Chapter 18 as you requested. It's not edited and might have alot or mistakes (grammatical or others). But I hope you enjoy! 😊

WinxClubBloom93