Chapter 4

After Asher left I went to my room. I still had that sinking feeling in my heart. I called Zac.

"Hey Cryssie Baby."

"I need you here Zac. Right now."

"Sure just give me 10 seconds."

"Take 20 but please come soon."

And soon after I hear a knock on the door. As soon as I see him on the door I give him a tight hug and start crying.

"Hey my baby sis is crying. Is she alright ? Let's get in first."

We both sit on the couch.

"I dont know Zac. I just don't know what's up with me. Everything suddenly seemed so dim and I felt all isolated. I can't express to anyone how I feel right now."

"The only person to whom you can express your feelings the best is yourself. I know exactly what you need."

He gets hold of my hand and takes me to my store room. He gets a book that was dumped in there. My diary! I used to express my feelings in this diary in form of poem or short write up. But I had stopped writing long back. No it wasn't from that day. I wrote after that. But gradually I lost interest as there was nothing left to write about. I had lost all the feelings in my heart.

"Look Crys you need this. You need to start writing. This is you and your identity."

I took the book from Zac's hand and kept staring at it. I was so lost that I didn't even realise when Zac left. I took the book and went in my room. I opened it and started to feel nostalgic.
I grabed a pen and staryed to write;

'You were the feeling that could send shiver down my spines...
You were the feeling that could keep irritating me all day long ...
You were the feeling that I never wanted to taste ...
But now once I had a sip, I can't stop drinking the feel you give me ...
You were my drug that helped me out of darkness... '

I don't know why did I write those lines on my diary. Was it for him. No, I just met him a day ago. We are rivalries. I could never fall for him. Wait! What is happening to me. Falling for someone is the last step. I don't even like him. Then why did I feel my heart sinking when he left.

With the diary in my hand I dozed of to sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next day I woke up with diary next to me. For the first time since that day obviously, I slept without having any sleeping pills. I've never felt so fresh before.

I texted Zac,
'You will forever be my Best Friend.'

He replied within few seconds,
'I know that ;).'

I took hot shower. After the shower I decided to wear a white knee length dress. I tied up my hair in fishtail braid. Suddenly my phone flashed a text message from : 'Dumbass Zac'

'Sorry Crys; Astrid and I won't be able to make it to the school today. Up for a date.'

I was in no mood to attend the school without them. So I decided to bunk the school today. Not sure of what to do, I took my car keys and left. I did not have any particular destination in my mind. I just wanted to enjoy the journey.

I plugged in my aux. I was driving through the streets of Shanton when I see a guy and a small girl kneeled before a gravestone in our local cemetry. Nearing them I found they both were none other than Asher and Janet. I was stunned.

I stopped my car. I stared them for almost 5 minutes. Janet was crying profusely. Asher was hugging her trying to hide his own tears.

I moved towards them. Asher saw me coming towards them. He stood up. For the first time his annoying face didn't seem so annoying.

"Hey Ash."

"Hey."

"Are you okay?"

"What if I say I am not okay."

"Would you like to come at my place and talk."

"First let me drop Janet at her school."

"Sure. I will wait for you at home."

"Okay."

I left soon after that and went home. I sat on bed thinking about the innocent face of Janet all flushed and adorned with tears. I couldn't believe I saw Asher crying. He was the sweetest guy I have ever met. The way he cared for his sister was beyond what I imagined him to be.

He was all over my mind when I heard my door bell ring. I knew it was him. I opened the door.

"Hey Pooh Bear."

"Hey Ash." For the first time I did not feel irritated when he called me Pooh Bear.

"Come let's go in my room." I offered.

There was an awkward silence. He offered to break it.

"Ain't you curious what Janet and I were doing in the graveyard."

"I would like to know but only if you are comfortable."

"Janet's Mom and Dad are buried over there."

"You mean your Mom and Dad as well."

"No, I mean Janet's Mom and Dad."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!
Sorry this was a smaller chapter as compared to the previous chapters. I wanted to leave you guys guessing on what's goin to happen next ....
Do reply me in your comments about what you think is gonna happen....