1.8

I pulled out my knife from it's holder strapped to my thigh and changed it into a sword. "Chuuya!" I shouted.

Everyone looked over and Chuuya kicked the goon over to me. Between the force of the kick and me swinging the blade, the goon's head came clean off.

"Aliceina!" Chuuya dove onto the ground trying to reach me and next thing I knew, I flew back and hit the wall. "Blake's ability is Wolf in Sheep's Clothing."

"Ah!" The man reappeared, "You're no fun, Chuuya. To think you'd just reveal my ability like that. I may not be able to perform my grand execution like I described to Akutagawa over there." Blake nodded his head over to Akutagawa, who was more pale than usual. "But, I'll still kill her here and now." Blake smirked before disappearing again.

I shrunk, not knowing where Blake was coming from. My plan backfired. I was lifted up by my hair. As I was growing, Blake grabbed my arms and put them in a lock behind my back. With his other hand, he held my head back by my hair. Chuuya was trying to stand back up from diving onto the ground earlier, but he was already too beat up. Akutagawa was located in the corner barely able to stand properly.

"Looks like I will be able to do my grand execution after all." Blake mused. "It'll be just as I told you before, Akutagawa."

Blake let out a malicious chuckle as Akutagawa let out a low growl. I stood, frozen with fear as Blake let go of my hair.

"First," Blake put a blade to my throat, "a little slice here."

I screamed out in agony as the blade just sliced open my neck. It wasn't enough to kill me instantly, but I knew I'd bleed out eventually. Someone yelled my name as I coughed up blood. Suddenly, I was laying on the ground holding my neck. Chuuya knelt over next to me.

"Don't move." Chuuya demanded. "It's over now. We've won." I felt him rip my maroon jacket. "I'm going to try to stop the bleeding." He peeled my hands off of my neck and wrapped the cloth around it.

I coughed again, sputtering out blood. Something splashed in the water as someone took a hold of my bloody hand. It wasn't Chuuya because he was still tying the cloth around my neck.

"Aku?"

"Don't speak." My superior spoke more gently than usual. Akutagawa let go of my hand as Chuuya picked me up bridal style.

I grabbed on tightly to the lapel of his trench coat with my right hand. I felt the outside air on my skin as I was handed off to someone else. Voices filled my ears but none of them registered as I was placed in a car. Someone was holding my hand tightly. I tried to say something, but my mouth only hung open. My hair tickled my forehead as it was being moved.

Eventually, I was able to open my eyes. I knew exactly were I was: the infirmary. Slowly, I turned my head to the left. There was a man all in black hunched in a chair. My hand reached over to him.

"A-" My voice was raspy. "Akuta-"

He took my hand in his while sitting up, "Don't speak. The doctor will be back soon, alright?" Akutagawa didn't let go of my hand even when the doctor came back in.

She dismissed me to go, apparently I was there for a day and a half. My hand felt the many stitches keeping my neck closed. I got up and put my shoes back on.

Akutagawa walked passed me while saying, "You're coming with me."

I sighed, but followed him anyway. While I was following him in the streets of Yokohama, his movements seemed stiff.

"Were you sitting there the whole time?" I asked.

"Does it matter?" He didn't even look back at me.

"It does to me."

Akutagawa scoffed, "You're so stupid."

"What's that got to do with anything?" I fell in step next to him. "Where are we going anyway?"

"My apartment."

Widening my eyes, I stopped moving.

"Is something the matter?" Akutagawa grabbed my hand and continued walking.

"I-I suppose not." I continued to stare at him curiously. I thought for a second. "Hey, who did Chuuya hand me off to that night? I could feel myself behind moved."

"Tachihara." His voice remained monotone, but the grip on my hand was what I wanted to confirm my suspicion.

There was a short silence before I spoke up again, "I'm sorry, but why are you suddenly taking an interest in me and my well-being?"

"Don't be." He snapped. "Being sorry is a weakness, Aliceina. To answer your question: I've been interested in you. If I wasn't I would have never gone out of my way to get you in the first place."

We got into the apartment building when I asked, "What about my well-being? You sure abused me a lot."

"And I'll continue to if I please." He let go of my hand and shoved me into the elevator.

Stumbling in, I was now in the corner of the elevator. I heard the door closing and turned around. Now being chest to face with Akutagawa, I felt my face heat up. His hand went under my chin and his thumb brushed over my lips.

"What about your interest in my well-being? You took a fifty foot dive into the water to make sure I didn't drown." He mused. "Caring for someone is also a weakness. That's why I was hurt, you know?" Akutagawa place his other hand on my hip. "They were telling me what exactly they were going to do to you when they captured you." His hand slipped under my shirt and squeezed my waist.

I squirmed a little bit, which made him squeeze my waist again out of amusement.

"Blake went into such great detail that I could help but listen even though I didn't want to." He began to rub my side with his thumb. "As I was struggling with them, it made sense. You're mine." He leaned in close to my ear, "I won't let anyone else have you."

I shivered as we got to his floor. He turned and led me to his apartment. He handed me clothes to sleep in and told me to just come back into his room when I was done changing. When I got back into his room, Akutagawa was sitting up with a table lamp on. He was writing something.

"I'm just going to finish this report." He stated as I got into bed next to him.

I felt his arm hang over my body after a while.

"I will protect you." He mumbled, thinking I was asleep.