1.9

I sat up in the bed, facing away from him. My gaze was at nothing in particular. The only thing illuminating the room even a little was the alarm clock on the bedside table. My mind was blank for once. Something just wasn't sitting right. A hand on my back caused me to jump.

"Go back to sleep."

I sighed, "I will. Give me a minute."

"I gave you thirty."

I turned my head to the alarm clock. He's wrong, I've been sitting like this for over an hour. "Akutagawa-"

"Ali," he coughed while sitting up with me, "either go to bed or I'm holding you down until you fall asleep." Akutagawa wasn't angry. His voice was raspy and laced with sleep.

"Sorry." I whispered while laying down with him. I laid with one of my legs across his waist, my head on his chest, and my hand resting on his opposite shoulder.

"What did I tell you about being sorry?" He hummed while playing with my hair. Akutagawa also had his other arm protectively on my waist.

"Don't be." I quoted.

"Good girl."

"Only for you." I stated as the slight rise and fall of his chest comforted me into a nice slumber. When I awoke the bed was cold. "Aku?" I mumbled into the pillow my head was now resting on. Sitting up, I stretched. "Akutagawa? Are you still here?" I called out. When I got up and went down the hallway, I could hear the water running. I walked down the staircase to the kitchen and made us both a cup of tea. Once they were made I went back upstairs. "Oh, shit." I blurted out almost dropping the tea.

Akutagawa stood there with his back to me only wearing a towel that hugged his pale hips. His back was more muscular than I had thought. He turned, slightly smirking. "Are you staring?"

"I, uh, well, yeah." I admitted while blushing like mad. "In o-other news: I made tea." I could help myself now that he was facing me. It baffled me how someone of his physique could ever dare think he was weak.

"Ali, you're still staring." He said as he walked up to me, put his hand under my chin, and forced me to look him in the eye. There was a cocky smirk plastered on his face.

"You're just so much more... muscular than I imagined."

He grabbed the teas, not breaking eye contact with me, "And you're more innocent than I imagined."

"I-I am not." I tried to protest as he placed the cups on the dresser.

"You are." He deadpanned before kissing me.

It took me a second to process what was going on before I kissed back. I wanted to touch his newly exposed body- I have never seen a man so beautiful. But, I wasn't sure how he'd react. Hesitantly, I brought a hand to his toned abdomen. He shivered at my touch and pulled away only to nip at the crook of my neck, away from the stitches. I slowly dragged my fingers to his waist, grabbing it as he worked on marking my neck. With my other hand I latched onto his waist as well. I fought back a moan. Akutagawa growled into the crook of my neck before biting down harshly. I let out a low moan while arching my back. He kissed his bite mark.

"Good girl." Akutagawa whispered in my ear. He nipped gently at my earlobe, "Who do you belong to?"

"Y-You." I moaned.

"Who?" He hummed, dragging his fingers slowly up my left side while pinching me occasionally.

"You, Akutagawa." My breath shook.

"Damn right you do. Now everyone will know." He took a step away from me. "We should get going or we'll be late."

"Right." I nodded.

He went back to the closet and I grabbed my clothes, that he had Higuchi grab from my apartment, out of the dresser. I got changed in the bathroom. A bright purple mark with a small spot with dried blood on it was exposed on my neck. I softly traced the mark with my index and middle finger before cleaning up the blood. Then, I carefully brought my fingers over the stitches.

We walked quietly together to Port Mafia. The only sound between us was the rain falling onto the sidewalk. The only thing between us was his black umbrella, securely in his hand. Once we got inside, I went to my desk. Akutagawa rubbed my shoulder and leaned down to my opposite ear.

"I'll be back with the documents." Akutagawa quickly pressed his lips against my temple, knowing that no one was looking.

"O-" I looked up to only see that he had already disappeared, "kay." I finished my statement hushed.

"I thought I told you to stop messing around with Tachihara." Chuuya stated while walking passed my desk.

"What are you talking about?" I turned around in my chair.

"That dark ass mark on your neck, did you even try to cover it?" Chuuya moved my hair out of the way.

I let out a low chuckle, "Oh, that."

"Aliceina." Chuuya warned.

"It's not from Tachihara-san."

Chuuya's eyes widened, "It's from-"

I nodded as my eyes followed Akutagawa coming in with the documents I needed. Noticing my eyes looking past him, Chuuya turned.

"Akutagawa." Chuuya nodded at the lower ranking Mafia member and moved behind me.

"Chuuya, I'm glad you're here so I don't have to find you later." Akutagawa tossed the files down onto my desk. "I'll be training with Aliceina today." He let out a quiet cough.

Chuuya played around with my hair, "Oh, sure. Although considering what happened last mission: she needs a lot more work. I mean almost throwing a mission to save you?" Chuuya chuckled and placed his gloved hands on the crook of my neck, careful not to touch the stitches. "She should be going over our ideals."

Akutagawa's face was tight while Chuuya teased him.

"I mean if Higuchi did anything like that, you'd hit her so fast..." Chuuya taunted.

"You have no right to tell me how to treat my subordinates." Akutagawa let out a low warning growl.

"Technically I do."

I softly placed my hand over one of Chuuya's: he needed to cut it out before we both get hit. He patted my shoulder with the hand I wasn't touching and walked away without another word.

A/n: I didn't even know how to reply to all the lovely comments on the last chapter I'm seriously grateful for all my amazing supporters. Love you guys and there will be twenty four chapters in total (tricked you all) so there's five left. I really just want to hug all of you guys.