(20) There's Always Something (Part 2)

"Stop doing that," Jennifer groaned, averting her glare away from me and folding her arms over her chest in a protective manner. She huffed an annoyed sigh, but I didn't care; I couldn't take my eyes off her even if I wanted to.

I had gotten to her house almost half an hour ago. She texted me beforehand, telling me that the door was already unlocked so after letting myself in, I made myself comfortable on the couch in her living room. I waited patiently for her to finish getting ready, not minding the wait at all. I was in the middle of destroying someone's village in a game on my phone when she finally descended down the stairs and made me aware of her presence in the doorway.

Holy fucking shit.

Jennifer looked gorgeous from head to toe. She had on a spaghetti-strapped burgundy shirt that stopped just above her waistline, and black leggings that fit against her hips and thighs amazingly. The shirt revealed her arms to the world and covered her chest, but you could still make out the outline of her bust and it made my mind wonder about what was underneath. I didn't know whether I wanted to reach out and touch her, or to shove her back up the stairs to change. The shoes she wore were black sandals, and a small ankle bracelet could be seen just at the hem of the leggings.

Swallowing hard, I finally lifted my gaze up to meet her eyes that were shadowed with light makeup. Her hair was even back to its natural wave, and it seemed to suit her outfit perfectly. I couldn't speak, and I chose instead to continue studying every ounce of her body that I could soak up. I felt something growing inside me that only she could tame, and with her standing right there with no one else around wasn't making it any easier for me.

Clearing my throat and shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts about her swirling around, I shoved my phone in my pocket and stood up. I smiled at her, trying to keep the lust from my eyes, and started to compliment her. "You look really—"

"Please don't," she interrupted, toying with the silver necklace that hung around her neck. Her gaze fell to the floor and she let out a shaky sigh. "It's okay to tell me I look horrible," she mumbled, still choosing not to look at me.

I chuckled lowly and slowly made my way over to her. I stopped in front of her and grabbed the hand that was playing with her necklace. "That's actually the complete opposite of what I was going to say." I kissed her knuckles, just as she looked up to meet my eyes with a blush forming in her cheeks.

She smiled widely, and the shyness she held seemed to evaporate from her entire body in a matter of seconds as her eyes connected with mine. She questioned my sincerity with her eyes before laughing lightly and pulling her fingers from my grip. "Why do you always kiss my hand?" she asked, tilting her head and continued to look up at me.

I shrugged, and resisted the urge to wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. I mentally shook away those thoughts again and nodded towards the door. "Shall we go?"

Nodding her head, she took a step towards the stairs leading to the second floor. "Yeah, I just have to grab my phone from upstairs; is that okay?"

"That's fine," I said, shrugging again as we parted ways. Before I got to the door, I turned around and watched her make her way up the stairs. My eyes never left her, and I felt like it would be like that all night.

We arrived at the house where the party was being held less than ten minutes later. We ended up having to park almost two blocks away since the street was already packed with cars, lining down the road. After locking the doors, we started the walk to the party.

There were people everywhere. I had to grab her hand and weave through the crowds of people standing outside the house before we even made it to the front door. The music could be heard pouring out the house as we got closer, and I could practically feel the bass of the song that was playing as we neared.