(23) Get A Room

Sorry for the wait! I'll try not to let this happen again, omg xx

Get A Room . . .

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me," Levi said in an exasperated whisper, almost letting the remote he was holding slip from his grasp. He sat up from the slouched position on his bed as I slumped across his room to sit in the swivel chair at his desk.

On the drive here I quickly sunk into a depression I knew I wouldn't be able to get out of if this were true; and the only person I could trust was my best friend. I had no idea what I was going to do at this point, because if that baby turns out to be mine then I would have no choice but to take care of it.

"I'm on the pill, baby."

Gabrielle's words echoed around in my head and it infuriated me because I was too dumb and too horny to think about protection. And now I'm possibly going to be a father before I turn eighteen.

"How could you," Levi began, gathering himself and standing up from the bed. He stepped around his bed so that he was standing in front of me and continued to look at me with an angry and hurt look.

"Look, bro, I was stupid but it's probably not even—"

"Do this to me?" he interrupted by finishing his sentence, leaving me confused. I remained quiet and waited for him to elaborate. "How could you do this to me?" he repeated and started shaking his head. He groaned, grabbing at his hair and falling back onto the bed. "I don't want to be the Godfather to some anti-Christ, demon spawn! I can't bring that thing around my kids, Wyatt," he said with frustration and sat up to stare at me with a pointed look.

"That's seriously the only thing you're worried about right now?" I asked him, just for clarification, as laughter threatened to erupt from my chest. He ignored my question and continued with his lecture.

He stood up and began pacing the length of his room. "Protection is key is this life, man, and you broke the number one rule by knocking Gabrielle up." He threw his hands up from frustration and didn't stop the path he traced into his carpet. "See, Jennifer is nice and sweet, and she would be a good candidate but not..." He trailed off and froze, looking off into the distance. Levi stood like that for only two seconds before he shuddered dramatically.

I couldn't help but laugh now, and started waving my hands to get his attention. "Bro," I began, and sat back in the chair. I tilted my head towards the ceiling. "I don't even know if it's mine or if she's even pregnant; she could just be saying that shit to get back with me."

"Well, how are we gonna figure out if she's lying or not?" Levi asked, sitting down on the edge of his bed facing me. "I mean, she must be hella desperate to go and pull a stunt like this, ya know?"

"Yeah, I know," I said running a frustrated hand down my face. I let out a heavy breath and chose to focus on thinking of a way to expose her. She was smart, yes, to come up with something like this because of the simple fact that I couldn't tell one hundred percent if it were true or not right off the bat. We used protection; we didn't use protection. So everything was up in the air right now.

Levi had walked into his closet and was now walking out with a fresh shirt in his hand when he sat down on the edge of his bed. Facing me, he asked, "Did you tell Jennifer about it?"

I tried to keep the look of pure horror from taking over my expression, and withheld the urge to ask if he was out of his fucking mind. I shook my head as a response and chose against voicing anything like that. I ran a frustrated hand down my face and sat back in the swivel chair. "Tell her for what?"