1

Mackenzie's POV//

"Ryder Williams" I sigh closing my locker before looking at him with a rised brow.

"Mackenzie Waters" He winks back, propping his foot against the other lockers

"Who you doing this weekend?" Ryder asks, shoving his hands in his pockets

"I've got some football  players lining up" I smirk, turning to face him

"You think i could jump that wait list?" Ryder smirks pulling me close to his chest by wrapping his arm around my waist

The smell of his fresh cologne filled my nostrils. Obvious he just came from practice.

"Ryder" I groan pulling from his grip, "Call me at 8:30, my mom has the night shift" I whisper in his ear, shoving a slip of paper with my number on it in his pocket.

I strut away from Ryder and down the hallway, Catching the eyes of the normal guys who stare. Guys with their girlfriends catch a look, earning a slap from their girlfriends.

I've never had a boyfriend. Ever since my dad left, i've been terrible with commitment. Everyone seems to stab me in the back, betray me. Play me like a barbie doll. So eventually i went along with it.

My mom is a hard working nurse, devoted to her job. Most months she has the night shift so i'm able to have guys over and sneak out easily.

But Ryder. He's different. He and I have been close since 6th grade. Ever since high school we've hooked up a couple times, but he's never pushed me away.

It's my Junior year and i've still never met a guy who has cared for me. Who's loved me.

I'm broken. And no one has tried or is willing to fix me....