6

Mackenzie's POV//

I wake up the next morning, Yesterday's events still running through my head.

I can't believe Ryder had to go through that as such a young kid.

All through the night i was tossing and turning. Images of little 8 year old Ryder crying his eyes out beside his mother and fathers corpse.

It was horrific to imagine.

"Honey! It's Saturday!" my mum cheers marching into my bedroom.

I groan throwing myself back under my covers.

"Uh-uh" She groans pulling my covers back causing me to squint my eyes at the sudden brightness

"What do you want Mum" I groan rubbing my eyes, slowly waking myself up.

"I was hoping to spend a day with my daughter" She replies, offended.

"I have to meet somebody" I groan grabbing my phone.

Once i punch in my passcode i look in my text messages to see a message from Ryder.

Ry-Ry💗🌊- In case of emergency here's my address-
7798 Deltaware Drive

I smile knowing i can surprise him this morning. I know this house inside and out, my best friend used to live there before she moved away and her window is climbable the only casualty here is hoping we have the luck that it's Ryder's room.

"Where you going honey?" My mom sighs, realizing that if i want to go somewhere i'm going to go wether she lets me or not.

"Ryder's" I groan pulling myself out of bed

"Are you two together?" My mom asks as I begin to change into my favorite pair of light washed ripped jeans and my blue, bleached, tie-dye shirt.

"No mom, we're just friends" I sigh pulling my jeans on.

"It didn't look like that yesterday"My mom smirks as i change shirts.

"What do you mean?" I stop in my tracks and look at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"He was shirtless and you snuggled up all over him in a very provocative shirt and shorts" My mom sternly states looking at me with what i call the "Mum" look.

"He hates sleeping with shirts" I inform grabbing my keys and phone.

"Mhm" My mom smirks as i brush past her.

"Be careful! and use protection!" My mom shouts as i race down the stairs

I groan at my mothers words before walking out the door and heading to Ryder's house.

---

When i reach the house i notice Ryder's car is the only car there. Perfect.

I walk over to the window i used to climb in the backyard.

The white picketed crisscross fence was still built up to connect to the window up above.

Me and Macy's bay window.

I wipe the memory of my old best friend from my head and begin to climb. Once i reach the top i view the window is unlocked, just my luck.

I climb in the window to view a sleeping figure on the bed in the corner.

It isn't until i get closer that i realize that it is Ryder.

He was lying on his side, covers sprawled across him. His eyes were softly shut, yet slightly puffy. He must have been crying...

His mouth was parted slightly, allowing small breaths to circulate through.

His hair was messy. He looked hot when he was asleep.

When Ryder rustles in his sleep he turns to where he's lying on his back.

I take this as advantage.

I throw my leg over his abdomen so i'm straddling him. Ryder is a heavy sleeper so he didn't wake.

I run my hands up and down his bare chest before leaning down and placing a kiss on his perfect lips.

It's a short while before he kisses back. His hands move to cup my cheeks before he pulls away and opens his eyes.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet" Ryder groans rubbing his eyes to wake himself up.

"I don't care" I smile leaning in again.

Ryder smiles before pulling me against him into a kiss.

This is a great way to start my morning.

---

Ryder's POV//

"So, what are we doing" I groan turning around from the counter to see Kenzie look over to me from the breakfast table.

"what do you mean?" she asks standing up to reveal legs that weren't covered by my t-shirt that was oversized for her tiny frame.

"I mean what are we?" I ask again, pressing for an answer

Kenzie walks over to me and presses her hand against my bare chest. Her cold hand caused me to let in a sharp breath.

"I'm not sure" She sighs placing her hands on the waistband of my loose grey sweatpants.

"We've been fucking around with eachother all weekend Kenzie" I sigh pushing her off me

"i know" She sighs, "so i was thinking, what if we were a thing" She smirks pulling me close to her

"Kenzie i can't handle a relationship right now" I groan pulling from her

"oh. nononono not like that kind of relationship, like a friends with benefits relationship" She proposes placing a kiss against my left peck

"So, like no strings attached?" I ask with a raised eyebrow

"exactly"

"well why don't we make it a challenge" I smirk, rubbing my hands on her ass

"How will we do that" She smirks wrapping her arms around my neck

"First one to catch feelings, loses"

"Deal"