8

Mackenzie's POV//

"Mackenzie! Marcus!!" My mom yells from downstairs.

I groan and stand up from the desk chair in the corner of my room. I was finishing my algebra homework/talking on the phone with Ryder

"sorry babe, my momster calls" I groan into the phone

"It's cool, see ya" He sighs into the phone as i hear rustling in the background

"Bye"

I hang up and then shove my phone in my pocket. On my way down i run into my older brother Marcus.

He had a deep red mark on his cheek and a scratch under his eye revealing where a soon to be black eye was forming.

I groan knowing who it's from.

"Ricky's back?" I groan, investigating his injuries.

"Yeah" he winces as i near his scratch, "I was hoping you could cover them"

"Yeah" I pull him into my room and put some concealer and foundation over his injuries before we both jog down the stairs.

When we reach the bottom i notice Marcus is moving slower than usual.

"Marcus" I scold pulling him to the side and lifting the side of his shirt.

Across the end of his abdomen was a deep, fresh black and blue bruise.

I softly touch it causing Marcus to let in a sharp breath between his teeth and jolt away.

"Careful" I groans pulling his shirt down.

"Kids get in here!" My mom shouts again before we both walk to the kitchen

"Ricky's home!!" My mom announces pointing to her fiancé and my soon to be stepdad.

"I heard" I scowl sitting down earning a glare from Ricky.

My mom doesn't know he beats me and Marcus. No one does. He said that if we tell anyone then he's gonna hurt my mom. So we keep quiet.

"I have to head out and get a couple things done at work, I will be back in a few hours" My mom smiles before giving Ricky a peck and walking out.

Great, now we're stuck with the Devil.

---

"Marcus!" Ricky yells from downstairs.

Me and Marcus were in my room watching a movie. I run to my door and bolt the lock i installed when Ricky first started beating me and Mark.

"Are we gonna be ok?" Marcus asks

"Yeah Mark, don't worry" I sigh sitting back down on my bed.

I cuddle up against my brother like we did when we were younger. Marcus wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to me chest.

"I won't let him hurt you Kenz" Marcus sighs as Ricky begins banging on my bedroom door.

"I know you two are in there!" Ricky growls continuing to bang on the door

"Go away!" I cry before Marcus slaps his hand over my mouth.

"Come on beautiful, you know i'd never hurt you. Just open the door" Ricky snears sending a chill down my spine.

Marcus loosens his hold and stands up from my bed.

"MARCUS NO!" I cry as Marcus marches to the door

"No one talks to my sister that way" Marcus growls over his shoulder before walking out the door

I race after him. But he's out the door by the time i slip from under the covers.

I hear someone get punched as i open my door. And by the time in halfway down the stairs, Marcus's groans are the only thing i can hear.

"What did i tell you about punching me pipsqueak!" I hear Ricky growl as i round the corner to the living room.

As i open the door i see Marcus on the ground, blood dripping from his mouth. The scratch i covered up earlier was now open wider and gushing blood. The black eyes was now vividly formed. Marcus's lip was busted open and his nose was bleeding.

Ricky kicks Marcus in the side causing him to groan. I swear i heard a crack.

I wince as Ricky continues to kick Marcus.

"STOP!" I cry rushing torwards Marcus and standing in front of him as a shield.

"Move little girl" Ricky seethe's looking behind me at Marcus.

"No!" I shout pushing Ricky backwards.

Ricky brings his hand up and slaps me across the face. Hard.

My left cheek stings as i feel the red mark forming.

"Move" Ricky growls again, stepping up. Challenging me.

"No" I growl again.

A yelp escaped my mouth as Ricky grabs me by the shoulders and throws me across the living room.

I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder as i slam against the floor. I let out a groan and attempt to stand up. Failing as i feel pain shoot through my body.

I see Ricky stand over Marcus before he kicks him again.

I hear Marcus let out a gasp and a groan before curling in a ball.

Ricky marches off into another bedroom and i use all the strength in me to stand up. I walk over to Marcus and pick him up.

"I can't breath!" Marcus groans as tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

I pull out my phone and text Ryder

Me- URGENT! I need help Ryder. Come to my house now!

"Help is on the way!" I announce to Marcus.

I hold his hand in my mine and comfort him in every way i can.

"Stay with me Mark, Stay with me"