18

MACKENZIES POV

I emerge from the hot shower and change into my undergarments. I step in front of my body mirror and examine myself.

I grip onto my tiny bit of belly fat
Is this why he went for Macy?

Am i too fat?

Am i not pretty enough?

Was i clingy?

Am i a hoe?

Is he too good for me?

More horrible taunts i've heard before flood my head as tears begin to stream down my face. I stay in the mirror and examine all my flaws. Convincing myself that they're the reason that Ryder doesn't like me, They're the reason why he hooked up with Macy.

Was it because i was too broken? Did he think i was fragile?

"You were right" I hear someone sass from the door of my bedroom.

I turn to face my older sister. She walks into my room and sits herself on my bed. I grab a pair of shorts and a tank top and throw them on before standing in the corner of the room.

"Ryder has definitely improved" Macy smirks picking at her nails.

"I know you hooked up with him" I groan dropping my head in shame.

"Yeah, it was great too" Macy snarks, "You see he hooked up with me because you got boring. You were never enough for him. Just admit it. I'm better for him"

"At least i make him happy" I growl

"Whatever" Macy rolls her eyes and stands up, "Cover up honey, you don't want anyone coming in"

"whats that supposed to mean?" I ask with and arched brow

"Ryder's coming over. Lock your door and cover your ears" She smirks reaching my door frame, "Don't want your heart breaking again"

As Macy exits the room I zip to the door and shut it before sliding down it. Tear stream down my face as i uncontrollably cry my eyes out.

My heart was breaking all over again. Just like it did when my dad left.

Ryder was the one who fixed it and now he's the one breaking it again.

Him and my dad were exactly the same. They sweeped me off my feet, made me a happy little girl. And pulled the carpet out from under me.

Fuck feelings. Why am i always the one who gets hurt?