9

Ryder's POV//

"So, Ryder" My new foster mom Rachel sighs, "Do you have a girlfriend or anything?"

"Uh" I awkwardly sigh. "It's uh-" I'm cut off by my phone vibrating in my pocket.

Babygirl👑💗🌊- URGENT! I need help Ryder. Come to my house NOW!

"I-I-I gotta go" I stutter standing from the chair and shoving my phone in my pocket.

I throw my jacket on and run out the door before Rachel has any time to protest.

I jump in my car and race over to Kenzie's house. Once i reach the driveway i jump out the car and run to her front door.

I slam my fist against the door.

"KENZIE!" I shout feeling nervousness rush through my body as no one comes to the door.

"Is she okay?? Am i too late??" I ask myself internally.

I begin to run my hands through my hair until the door swings open.

In front of me was Mackenzie, a red mark on her cheek and a slight bruise on her shoulder.

This all was nothing compared to her brother. Marcus. He was under her arm, barely able to keep himself up.

By the way he was breathing i could tell something was broken in his chest. His face was beaten and bloody. He was a mess.

"What the hell happened" I ask, groaning as i pick Marcus up and pull his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll tell you on the way to the hospital" She sighs, wiping tears from her cheeks and wincing as she touches the red mark on her cheek.

---

"What happened" I sigh as we sat in the waiting room, waiting to get news on Marcus.

"My stepdad, he beats us and Marcus tried fighting back and is having to pay for it now" Kenzie sighs before tears begin to brim her eyes, "He threatened to hurt my mom if we said anything" She cries looking at me.

Her normally, seductive and happy green eyes were now a dark mossy, sad green. They were glossed over with a waterfall of tears and it tore me apart seeing her like this.

I pulled her against my chest as she broke down, "Im here baby" I sigh kissing her head as her tears continued to fall, "I'm here"

Just a little romantic moment between Ryder and Mackenzie. It's just a little tiny filler and i will update you on what's going on with Marcus in the next chapter. I really hope your enjoying the story because i am surely enjoying writing. Love you guys💗💗

~Madlex❤️