|02|

2. This wasn't suppose to happen

So this is the part where I jump out of bed, shut off my alarm, and get ready; reminding myself that this is the most important day of my life because it is a brand new era for myself

Did I believe that was gonna happen. No. Did I want it to happen. A little, but into to a point. Like I would forget the this is the most important day of my life part. In reality this is the day where you go back, see the cliche groups, meet your favorite teacher, and try out for clubs or sports. Nothing else really happens the first day back. Besides the screaming that every girl seems to do when they see their friend again as if it's been forever.

My eyes were drifting shut once I opened them. Oh I wish I could let them rest for another couple of hours. No one in this world should be waking up at six in morning. Scientist have proven the teenage brain doesn't wake up until ten in the morning. So I came to the conclusion, school hates us and wants us to suffer alongside their grumpy teachers.

I slowly, but surely, rolled out of bed. Actually I just rolled and kept rolling. I don't have a bed yet. I slept on the floor. Not one of my proudest moments.

I walked over to a box and opened it. I could care less what I looked like today so I just grabbed a hoodie that rested on top of everything. I slid it over my head and black skinny jeans I wore to bed. I was exhausted, so I have an excuse.

I walked into the one bathroom that connected off my room. (There were two bedrooms and two bathroom. Allowing me to have my own). My brown hair was a fizzy rat nest, which is why you don't sleep on the floor. Too tired to do anything special, I brushed it out slightly before pulling it up into a simple messy bun. I slid in my contacts (almost stabbing my eye out with my nails I got done yesterday), combed out my eyebrows who were like tiny fuzzy caterpillars, and then I was done. First day of senior year outfit is officially complete. Mental check mark.

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I had a couple minutes to spare, so I pulled my laptop onto my lap and went onto Skype.

"Julia!" Rebecca yelled once she answered my call. Her black curly hair was absorbing all the sun. It reflected off her dark brown skin with a little sand mixed onto it. Took me a couple seconds to realize she was on the beach. Tanning even though she was already dark.

"Oh my god. You have no idea how much I've missed you," I cant help but smile along with Rebecca. "How's Italy?"

"It is so beautiful." She exclaims. "You would love it here. The art is wonderful. In fact I got you a little piece and sent it to you."

"Oh my god. Rebecca! You haven't?" I can't help, but feel overly excited. Not like she wouldn't think about me there, we've been inseparable since we were little. The dark ages.

"I have." She brought her computer closer to her. "And holy smokes. European boys."

I chuckled. "Am I gonna get pictures?"