|05|

5. Making Frenemies

The ride wasn't as bad as I predicted

The ride wasn't as bad as I predicted. Besides Blake trying to start a conversation every minute, I was able to just zone out. Or at least until he started to talk again, ruining my not thinking thing.

"So what motivated you to come back to East high?" He asks.

I rolled my eyes. Leaning my head against the window. "I guess moving in with my dad."

"I forgot your parents weren't...uh."

"Together." I say for him since he looked completely awkward stating out the obvious. I shut my eyes, resting them for a minute until he started blabbering again.

"How is it?" He started up again. "Living with your dad?"

"Why do you care?" I look over at him. His one arm rested on the drunk holder, the other one on the wheel. He looked over and smiled for a quick second.

"Sensitive topic. Got it." He jokes.

I smile slightly at his lame joke.

"And she does smile!" He yells.

I looked away from him again and focused on watching the trees and building go by us. Every once in awhile I'd get a glimpse of the beach where people were tanning, playing volleyball, and other stuff like that.

"What you wanna listen too?" He asks kindly. Pulling up his Spotify and searching for a playlist.

"Whatever. I'm not picky." I say.

A rock band came on first and it triggered something in Blake because he started to sing along. So apparently Blake has a secret talent of singing because damn that dude got a voice. One of those voices where once you hear it, you feel like you're gonna cry. You don't know why you're gonna cry, probably because you wish you were that talented, but it just hits you in the feels. And well a man who can sing is an instant turn on for me. Except Blake. He definitely not a turn on for me.

Finally I was able to rest my head in peace.

"We'll we're here." He says.

I opened my eyes and see our apartment building towering above us in our small parking spot.

I rub my drowsy eyes who just want to close and climbed out of the car. Blake handed me my backpack and swung his over his shoulder.

"If you snored I would've left you on the side of the road." He smiles. Walking with me to our houses. I mean we did live across from each other.

"Well aren't you friendly." I say sarcastically.

I went to open my door, but it didn't turn. I was locked out. Just like this morning when I tried to get a bandaid before walking to school until Blake, rudely interrupted.