|10|

10. Crazy begins with the letter T

I sat on the cold bleacher waiting for that winning touchdown that Blake was suppose to give

I sat on the cold bleacher waiting for that winning touchdown that Blake was suppose to give. The wind was cold and I definitely didn't wear enough articles of clothing. The crowd was going wild, standing up from their seats to see. So to see what the fuss was about, I stood up. That's when I saw him. It wasn't Blake making the winning touchdown. It was. It was Theo.

• • • •
A couple hours earlier
• • • •

I did what I do everyday. Wake up, push my dog off me, complain to myself, and finally get out of bed.

The air was cold. Colder than the usually morning days. It was the type of cold that if you inhale a giant amount of oxygen, it feels like your lungs are on fire. That burning sensation only last a couple seconds than it begins to feel like a mint before eventually cooling down all together.

I pulled out a simple, long-sleeved, baseball T-shirt. My dad got it for me a couple years back with a tiny card to go with it. I still remember that tiny card till this day.

You may not play sports, but you hit a home run in my heart.

I pulled it over my head and the light blue sleeves felt warm against my arms. Convincing me, I don't need anything else to cover it. I found some plain black leggings an put those on too. I walk into the bathroom. Combed out the thick bird nest I call my hair. Then decided to out then into two simple, but cute, French braids. Ever since I learn how to do them, I'm pretty sure it was last year, they became my go to hairstyle if I wanted to do something other than a ponytail.

Koda barked behind me.

"What boy?" I ask him. His ears perked up and quickly, he trotted to my computer.

I sat on my bed and lifted up the screen. Rebecca picture appeared with the buttons accept or decline call underneath.

Of course I accepted.

"Ciao!" She said right when my face appeared on her screen. "It means hi." She then tells me. Probably because of the look of confusion written across my face.

I know Spanish and a little bit of French (mom's side of the family), Italian is like new territory for me.

Koda jumped on my lap at the sound of Rebecca's voice. Sometimes I think Koda loves Rebecca more than me. I guess that makes sense, she always brings snacks for him when we hung out.

"You have Koda!" She yelled in I hope, excitement.

Koda barked at his name. Letting his tongue hang out.