|17|

17. A magical winter wonderland

I pressed my back firmly against Blake's seats

I pressed my back firmly against Blake's seats. Staring out the window and watching the snow drift from the sky.

I've always imagine it as the skies were crying with happiness. Kind of like how people imagine the sky is crying when it rains. It was something my dad told me when I was little. I've kept it with me all these years because when the skies are crying of happiness. Something amazing is about to be in your life.

"So Julia." Tara smirks. "I wanted to apologize for ditching you while we were dress shopping."

"Okay." I say suspiciously. The devil apologizing? No way.

Her face went blank as if she was expecting a huge forgiveness speech. She turned around slowly and looked at herself in the side mirrors as Blake turned into the school's parking lot which was packed with all types of kids wearing almost the exact same thing.

"Julia," Blake said when we walked inside. "If you want we can hang out with you for awhile."

"Aww Blake that's so nice of you." Tara practically threw herself onto him.

"I'll be fine." I smile slightly. "Trust me."

"Okay," he smiled. Leading Tara into her kingdom of popularity.

I followed in shortly after. The room looked so much nicer than earlier today. It felt like a magical winter wonderland. No one could ruin this.

Unless your name is Elliot Carter. Then you could definitely ruin the night.

"Julia!"

"Go away."

"Thanks. Now I feel welcomed." He stood besides me. The stench of alcohol burned my nose. I'm not shocked he was drinking, it's Elliot.

"What do you want?" I groan. Trying not to puke. Not because I was by a dirt-bag, but he smelt like a middle-age man in a midlife crisis gone wrong.

"Oh I don't want anything," he turned to face me.

"Well that's not first." I snap. "Last time I checked you cheated on me because I didn't give you what you wanted."

"The past is in the past. Let it go as my friend Elsa once said. It's is a winter formal after all." He smirks.

This is the point where I leave. Which I did, I just wish I wasn't followed.