|14|

14. The things we do for the people we love?

Dad's investigation was very, very different than what I thought it to be like

Dad's investigation was very, very different than what I thought it to be like. It wasn't good either, in fact it reminded me of my mother. Asking all these questions trying to convince me that I actually did something I didn't do.

I guess Blake is all right in his eyes, but when it come to Theo. He lets out his overprotective father that was kept deep inside him.

 He lets out his overprotective father that was kept deep inside him

I let my eyes open so I would be staring at the face of my father. I shot up and scooted back quickly. Smacking my head against the wall with a loud bang.

"Ow." I mumble. Reopening my eyes to see my dad with a wide smile cracked across his face.

"Happy birthday Jules!" He said with excitement. Koda barked along with him.

I held the back of my head and looked down to see him holding a regular vanilla cake with way too much frosting on top. Which means he made it.

"Thanks." I grin. I blew out the singular candle and he cheered like he was a toddler.

I twisted over and grabbed my phone to check the time. The adrenaline raced through me at this point.

"Oh my god. Blake is probably waiting for me!" I say, rolling off my bed so fast the world became busy.

"Have a great day at school!" Dad called after me.

I stopped at my doorway and looked back at him. "Aren't you suppose to be at work?"

His grin grew twice as large. "Actually I'm heading up to Idaho for a business trip."

"Oh." I could tell by his face, he hears the sadness in my voice.

"Don't worry Julia. It's just until the end if next week." He grins. "Just no parties, boys, or burning the house down. K?"

"Good parenting skills." I compliment him.

"I try." He chuckles slight. "I suggest you get going."

"Right. Thanks dad!" I call.

I grabbed the ponytail off my wrist and pull my hair back. Gripping my bag and running out the door. completely running into Blake. Hard.