|12|

12. Bambi, ice skater version

I handed the dude behind the counter my money and in exchange, he handed me the size seven skates

We rented a locker; placed our shoes, keys, and phones inside before shutting it close. Locking the supplies inside.

"You know, I'm only doing this because I promised to make this day the best one ever." Blake told me.

I sat down and began to carefully out the brown skates with a freshly sharpened blade over my first foot.

"You're a football player, you should have amazing balance." I grin. Finishing tying up my one shoe. I looked over and saw Blake was struggling. So being the kind person I an, I grabbed his laces from his hand and started to wrap it around the hooks.

When I finished with both of his ice-skates, I moved onto my last one. Tying the lace as quick as I could.

"This is gonna end with me breaking an ankle." Blake, I hopefully was joking, says. Trying to find the balance before standing up.

"If this makes you feel better, I don't know how to drive a truck." I grin. "So you'll be out if luck."

He smiled down at me. Even though we were sitting, he was still taller than me.

I stood up without any hesitation while Blake still had trouble finding his center balance.

"Need help?" I ask. Standing in front of him.

He looked up. "Of course not."

"Okay." I cross my arms.

After about a minute of him struggling he looked back up at me, "yes please."

I held out both of my hands, waiting for him to suck of his dignity and accept my help.

Instead of naturally steadying himself out, his hands landed hard on my shoulder; almost knocking me over.

I started to laugh as Blake struggled to readjust himself, with my help of course.

"Got it. Got it. Got it," I heard him mumble right after he finally found his center of balance.

"You sure?" I ask, still holding onto him.

He smiled, "hundred percent."

"Alright," I smirk, releasing my grip.

I was defiantly shocked and I'm pretty sure he was too at himself.

"Now we had to the ice." I smile, beginning to walk towards the didn't glass doors that lead onto the ice rink.

His smile dropped. "Wait what?"

"You have to walk to the ice." I tell him again. "Have you never been ice skating before"