|21|

21. Christmas kisses and tears

Rebecca, Theo, Blake, and I all watched the rest of my family regretting everything as they stood at the corner of the street in swimsuits holding up signs with ridiculous sayings

"This is great!" Theo laughs.

"I haven't seen anything better," Rebecca adds.

"We should make them walk home." Blake jokes.

"I chose not to be grounded for the rest of my life, thank you very much." I grin.

"So what're your plans for the big family event?" Blake asks.

"Rebecca, what were you thinking?" I ask since she is the guest of honor after all.

"Hmm." He tapped her chin, "there's this arcade down the street that my cousin owns. I bet he'd let us use it for the day." She smiles.

"Perfect." I smile before looking back at Blake, "we're gonna get a flashback of our childhoods."

"Would it be rude if we joined you?" Blake suggests.

Rebecca answered before I could.

"Of course not!"

"What about your families?" I ask since this is the holidays after all.

"My family doesn't celebrate Christmas," Theo explains.

"It's sorta date night at my house since it's their anniversary. And my little sister staying with Murphy's upstairs for Christmas." Blake tells me.

"Wonderful. Now come on, they're gonna get frostbite." Rebecca grabs my arm and yanks me towards her. "You don't seem amused that he's gonna join us," she whispered.

"Trust me, I'm not." I fake a smile before looking over at my family crossing the street in a giant hoard and jumping into their cars to head home and change.

" I fake a smile before looking over at my family crossing the street in a giant hoard and jumping into their cars to head home and change