|24|

24. Two Heartbroken Friends

Right now, I wanted to do what everyone else wants to do in this situation

Right now, I wanted to do what everyone else wants to do in this situation. The situation where you get rejected by the thing you wanted the most and that was curling up in a ball and feeling like I'm not good enough.

The problem was, I couldn't do that right now. I had to play it off like I knew I got rejected an interview at the school I wanted to go tot he most. I had to pretend I knew about it because I just couldn't find it in me to confess my feelings.

Honestly, didn't know which one hurt worse. Not being able to confess my feelings that are physically making me sick or being rejected after years of hard work I put into it.

"Sorry, I just saw it on the counter and I-" I would of let him finish his explanation, but it just made me feel even worse about myself.

"No. You're fine." I somehow manage to say without breaking down in tears. Tears of absolute sadness.

Blake gave one look at me before wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. Just like the one I gave him this morning except this one didn't put all the pieces back together. They never broke in the first place, just fractured.

They say hugs are the best medicine unless you hate hugs than it's the absolute worse. Hugs supposedly give off the Oxytocin hormone according to my biology teacher. Also known as the 'cuddling hormone' because apparently it somehow just boosts both occupants moods.

Maybe Blake and I just needed a long hug with familiar emotions on both ends. Help each other mend our hearts in a strange type of way. We both did get screwed over in the same day, some worse than others but no one's judging. It hurts and that what matters right now. We're both feeling pain.

I don't know how long we stood there in my doorway hugging, long enough for Koda wanting to join in. I felt his white fur scrap across my leg, causing me to laugh.

"I guess Koda wants in," Blake asked, releasing his grip and looking at Koda as he pushed up against our legs.

I wiped a tear away that must of fell without my knowledge and giggled.

"How about we go watch a movie about guns and stuff?" Blake suggests. I really hope he isn't joking, an action movie will distract me right now.

"How about a comedy with guns and stuff?" I add.

"Awesome!" He cheers. Walking with me to the living area as I found a good comedy with lots of action.

Blake likes to say I decide on the movie Central Intelligence but it was honestly him. No matter what he says, he ended up picking the movie.