|09|

9. A little snack won't hurt...never mind

Over the course of the last seventeen years of my life

Over the course of the last seventeen years of my life. I have found out there are exactly three stages you go through while doing anything somewhat productive.

Stage one or what I like to call it. The 'let's do this' stage. This is the stage everyone goes through instantly when trying to do something productive. It usually consists of you shutting off any electronic devices, getting all your supplies ready, and you lying to yourself.

Then there's stage two. The 'a little snack won't hurt' stage. This one is pretty obvious. You stop working and go and get some snacks. Then you keep getting snacks, and getting snacks, and continue to get snacks; up until you realize you ate your whole kitchen.

The final stage is what I like to call 'why don't I just give up now' stage. Usually this stage affects high school or college students. Sometimes people skip the snack stage completely. Landing themselves on this one.

There are 24 hours, 1440 minutes, and 86400 seconds in a day; and nowhere in that time will Blake ever get his history paper done. No wonder he failing that class. He straight up sucks.

"I don't understand why she making us write an essay in world war two." He groans, readjusting himself where his propped up on his elbows. My laptop sitting in front of him.

"Well it was the most deadliest and most widespread war in history." I explain. "Definitely a major war of the world."

Blake's eyes widened while looking at the screen. "Did you know the quote be the change you want to see in the world was said by Adolf Hitler."

"Good quote. Bad man." I grin while scrolling though my social media pages.

About a couple minutes later is when Blake finally hit stage three.

He stood up abruptly making me almost fall out of my chair. He rose his hands to the back of his head, stretching out his back. The lower part of his shirt lifted up, and with a loud pop, he sighed in relief. Putting his arms down once more.

"How about we go grab something to eat?" He suggests. The word 'eat' made my stomach start growling. Realizing it now, I didn't have anything to eat this whole day.

I forgot to eat! Which is not only strange because food is a requirement for life, but I love food. More like worship it. Right now I could go for a decent sized ham and cheese sandwich. Extra cheese. I love cheese.

Blake look down at my stomach and smiled. "I'm gonna take that as a yes."

"We should probably finish up your paper." I suggest. My stomach took another second before releasing a massive thunder storm.

"I'm not gonna let you starve." He jokingly says. He held out his hand for me. "Now come on."

Sighing, I took his hand into mine. You'd expect me to be prepared to face his grip. I mean he's a football player for peep sakes. He should have a strong grip. If I didn't have to deal with stepbrothers, he's grip would of crushed my hand. I like to think because of the self-defense class my older stepbrother gave me, made my hand strong.