1

Isabel's POV ~

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. I gave my alarm clock a quick smack and it soon shut up. 10 AM was my time to awake NOT 7 AM!!

I sighed and rolled out of bed taking my covers with me. It was a cold winters morning and yet the sun was shining. I crawled into the bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush from the shelf.

My toothbrush was orange with white and blue bristles, it felt good on my teeth. I brushed every last one of my teeth and put the toothbrush back on the shelf.

I ran the bath and put in some soap then got in. I always love having a bath to try wake me up, it sort of helps. I washed my body off from all the sweat that I had collected during the night then got out, wrapping a towel around myself.

I walked back into my bedroom, my bathroom was in my bedroom so my flatmate couldn't see more than she needs. I put on some simple clothes, just some black jeans, a red hoodie and a pink shirt.

I ran downstairs to cook breakfast for my flatmate and I. My flatmate, Poppy, was a young girl with brown hair, much like my own. She had the most wonderful green eyes and wore glasses. I loved my best friend Poppy.

I flipped the pancake in the pan to cook the other side and then walked off to let Poppy know that her breakfast was nearly ready.
"Poppy! Breakfast!" I shouted up our long winding staircase.

All I heard was a slight whine then I heard her walk across her room to get some clothes. I went back to the pancake and flipped it over again, all cooked. I put it on a plate and slid the plate into Poppy's spot.

I put some more pancake mixture in the pan and began to cook mine. I added the usual lemon and sugar to Poppy's one just as she came down the stairs.
"Morning Pops," I told her sliding her pancake closer.

"Morning Izzy" She smiled at me. She then sat down on the chair and ate her pancake.
"Amazing as always!" She told me grinning from ear to ear.

I smiled at her back as I flipped my own pancake over.
"So how's work?" I asked her making small talk.
"Eh it's okay, I got a promotion into the paper editing company." She explained.
"That's great," I said while serving my pancake on the plate

I added my lemon and sugar to my pancake and sat down next to Poppy to eat my food. I ate every bit savoring every bite.

"I wish life was different Izzy..." Poppy randomly stated.
"Me to, I don't want to be a werewolf I hate our culture!" I replied.

We both hated all werewolf cultures, neither of us wanted mates to take care of us. We didn't want to be second in command. We didn't want any of this.

All we wanted was to be normal humans without a wolf in the back of our brains.

We finished our pancakes and locked up the flat, walking out the door and to work. For my job I worked as the alphas beta, I hated werewolf culture so much more than Poppy so this really wasn't the best job for me.

Poppy had a human job that was working as an editor in a paper company. I wish I had a human job. I went into the pack house and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" The alpha said. As I walked in I tripped on a pile of papers in the doorway. The alphas son ran up to me and jumped on my back, laughing. I sighed and turned over to tickle him.

I lifted him up and took him to his dad.
"Hi alpha, what would you like for breakfast!" I asked the alpha
"One of your famous pancakes!" He shouted even though I was right there.
"Waffles for me!" The alphas son said.

I laughed at him and scruffled his hair. "Sure!" I told him. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a packet of waffles.

I put 2 waffles into the toaster and put some leftover pancake mixture from yesterday on the hob. Once the waffles had popped up I grabbed them and put syrup on them.

I handed to plate to the alphas son and he ran off to his room to eat it. I flipped the alphas pancake over and cooked the other side.
"Where is it?" The alphas voice boomed.
"Just cooking alpha!" I replied. To be honest I was more of a slave than a beta.

The pancake was soon done and I added some syrup on his as the alpha liked it like that. I gave it to him and went back to the door to tidy the paperwork up.

The alpha is very strict and gets mad at me sometimes for not accepting the werewolf way of life. After I finished cleaning all the papers I had a little mini alpha tugging my arm.
"Izzy! Can I play with you?" He cried.

I went over to the alphas office the kid still hanging off my arm.
"Alpha, your son wants to play may I?" I asked.
"Sure." He said as he waved me away.

I ran off with the little lad and he had some bubbles. I sighed, I wasn't looking forward to blowing bubbles I was way too old for this.

Jason's POV ~

I wheeled my way into the office, tiredness overwhelmed me. I waved at alpha Ricky before focusing on my work.

Ever since my car accident my legs have been completely paralyzed, it's been frustrating living my life like this. I grabbed my bottle from under my wheelchair and took a sip.

I placed it delicately on my desk and turned on my laptop, then I entered my password. The mouse felt stranger than usual, it felt kinda hard to move.

I looked underneath the mouse and there was some glue on the bottom, still a little damp. Those damned teens probably glued it, I mind linked the alpha.
Hey Rick, teens have glued my mouse again.

Ok, Jason, I will see to it now. Rick replied.

I settled back into my wheelchair, then I decided I wasn't quite comfy enough and put a cushion behind my back. That was better.

Rick came into my office and looked at me.
"The kids have been told off and they won't do it again if they do link me." He exclaimed.

I nodded and bowed my head toward him.
"You know there is no need to bow Jason, You know we were friends before I became alpha." He ordered me.

I nodded again and put my head up.
"I was going to ask, can you come with me for a pack visit? It's for the fern pack in Wales." He explained.
"Sure I will come," I muttered to my friend.

"Ok, I'm so glad you said yes, I wouldn't like anyone else but my beta and guard to join me. Maybe you will find your mate?" He asked.
"I very much doubt that my friend," I replied with a cocky smirk.

I have known all my life that the moon goddess is just punishing me for how stupid I was when I was 15. I wasn't going to get a mate and I never will. And if I do get a mate she would have to go the to ends of the earth for me and I don't want her to do that.

I pushed the thought away and nodded to Ricky, I trusted him with my life even though last time I had full trust I lost all work of my legs. I pushed that thought away as well, it was my fault, not Ricky's.

I sighed at my own sick thoughts after Ricky left and then looked back at my computer screen. I opened up my emails and checked them all. It was all junk mail and I just went and deleted it all.

I must admit I was really looking forward to the trip. Get out the pack territory for a bit, it's hard when you can't walk. My only real ambition in life is to walk again.

I hugged myself, I went through so many mind conflicts because of my stupid legs. Why did I have to run through the road like I did? Why me. Why not Ricky.

I pushed the thoughts away again and carried on with my work. It seemed to be the only thing keeping me from losing my mind...