Chapter 5

The hall was filled with cheers when Dumbledore called the names of the students picked from Beaxbatons and Durmstrang. Next was Hogwarts. Your stomach felt like it was twisting inside out, you were so nervous. Cedric saw your fidgeting hands and took one in his own, squeezing it reassuringly. You rolled your eyes at yourself. You were supposed to be comforting him. Not the other way around.

"Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore bellowed. You jumped up with the rest of the hufflepuffs and cheered as loud as you could.

Dumbledore started a speech but you weren't really paying attention. Cedric had sat down next to you again and you couldn't stop smiling at him. Suddenly you noticed a 4th piece of paper fly out of the Goblet. You furrowed your eyebrows as Snape pointed it out. The hall was deadly silent as Dumbledore read the name.

"Harry Potter..." he mumbled. Suddenly a look of fury crossed his face when Harry didn't stand.

"HARRY POTTER!" He growled. Hermione Granger yanked Harry off his seat and pushed him towards the center of the room, annoyed. Harry looked terrified.

People finally caught on that he was under aged, and started calling out. You felt bad for him, this was a dangerous competition and he was the least experienced.

Dumbledore took all the champions into another room, so you started to walk back to the common room so you could wait for Cedric there.

"(L/n)" a voice stopped you.  You turned around to see Draco smirking at you.

"We never got to finish earlier. Want to start where we left off?" He teased, as he came dangerously close to you.

"N-no." You said, taking a step back. But you hit the wall behind you, there was no where to go.

"I think you do." He whispered. He leaned towards you, grabbing your hips forcefully and pulling you close to him.

You quickly brought your knee up between his legs as hard as you could, and took off.

Tears blurred your vision as you ran towards the common room. Someone came out of a door right in front of you, and you couldn't stop yourself. You barreled straight into the person, knocking them and yourself to the ground.

You opened your eyes to see Harry Potter. You quickly tried to wipe your tears away as you crawled off of him.

"I-I'm so sorry!" You say, your voice shaking. You reach a hand down to help him up.

"Don't worry about it. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Sorry again." You sniffed and started to walk away.

"(Y/n)!" You heard again. Your heart stopped thinking it was one of Draco's goons after you. You sighed in relief when you saw Cedric.

"Are you alright?" He asked, rushing towards you. He wrapped his arms around you as you let tears fall again.

"No." You answered quietly. He took your hand and walked back to the common room with you, then sat you down on the couch.

"What happened?" He asked gently. You shivered.

"Malfoy cornered me." You said quietly.

"At least you're okay. He didn't touch you did he?" He asked, trying to keep his voice calm.

"A little but it's not a big deal." You sniffed, remembering him grabbing your hips. Cedric growled quietly.

"I'll teach him-" he started.

"No, don't get yourself in trouble. I took care of myself, I was just scared. But I'm fine." You smiled, wiping the rest of your tears away. He nodded and pulled you close to him. He had been quite touchy today. Not that you minded.

You laid your head on his shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you. Congratulations on getting picked." You remembered. You could feel him smile a mile wide.

"It's all thanks to you. I wasn't even going to put my name in."

"Well you'll do great, I know it." You smile.

You both sat in comfortable silence until you fell asleep together on the couch.