Chapter 24

For the next few days, you and Draco spent most of your time together.

"Hello beautiful." Someone whispered in your ear on your way to your common room.

"Hi Draco." You smiled and turned to kiss him. Thankfully no one else was in the hall way.

"Would you like to take a walk with me?" He asked, taking your hand. You nodded, and the two of you walked to the black lake.

"How was your day?" He asked. You smiled and told him about your day, then he talked about his.

"How are you feeling?" You ask, remembering the day that you found him in the library.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"The other day when I tried to talk to you you were ghostly pale and sweating. I assumed you were sick. Was it something else?" You asked.

"Oh yeah. I was sick, but I'm fine now." He said quickly.

"Good." You answered. You didn't believe him at all.

"I asked you to walk with me because I have something important we need to discuss." He said suddenly. He seemed nervous, and kept rubbing his forearm.

"Okay, what is it?" You asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"My family is pure-blood and you're a mud-... muggle born. My family is going to hate you." He explained.

"Okay, what does that have to do with us?" You ask, smiling.

"You're not safe." He says suddenly, stopping you from walking and facing you.

"Please, they wouldn't hurt someone you cared about!" You laughed. He didn't, and looked even sicker than he did in the library.

"(Y/n)..." he tried to explain again, but stopped. He looked like he was going to pass out.

"Draco, are you okay?" You asked, making him sit next to you on the grass.

"No. I... I have to go. I'll see you later." He said, then kissed you on the cheek and ran back into the building.

*.*.*.*.*.*

You followed behind him a few minutes later. On the way to the library, you saw him in a hallway pacing. Then noticed a door appear.

What was he doing with the room of requirement?

You ran down the hall and made it to the door just in time. You closed it quietly behind you, and turned to see a room full of random trinkets and furniture piled to the ceiling.

You quietly searched for Draco, and found him in front of a cabinet. His back was turned to you, and he had something in his hands. As he placed it in the cabinet, you saw that it was a dove. He said a spell, then opened the cabinet to see the dove, dead. You frowned. Why was he killing things?

It wasn't until he started sobbing that you realized he wasn't trying to kill anything.

"Draco..." you called, he snapped his head to you, and placed the bird back in the cabinet. He slammed it shut.

"What are you doing?" He demanded.

"What are you doing?" You asked him.

"That's none of your business. You shouldn't have followed me." He snapped, turning away from you.

"There's something wrong, and it's killing you Draco. I want to help." You argued.

"I don't need your help. Get out." He growled. You glared at him.

"You're keeping something from me and I won't have it." You stood your ground. He walked towards you angrily until he was just and inch away from you. His gray eyes were eerily dark and you backed up a step in fear.

"If you don't want to die you'll leave now." He threatened. You bit your tongue to keep from crying.

"You're an idiot Malfoy." You spat. You couldn't believe this. Every time you guys grew close something happened to pull you farther apart than before.

You turned on your heel and stormed out.