HS AU

Alec's POV
My heart was racing as I walked into the school to witness everyone staring at me like I would betray them or something. My adopted brother tried to take away the attention off me but it wasn't working out since the most popular girl, aka Tiffany Grace aka my ex's new girlfriend, was snickering at me with Magnus nowhere in sight. "Hey Alec!" Tiffany shouted, giving me more attention than I wanted. "Can I help you Tiffany?" I asked.
"You can help by disappearing forever"
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me, traitor"
"Leave him alone!" Jace defended. "Tiffany!" Magnus laughed before kissing her on the cheek. "Jace, you're being ridiculous," Tiffany stated. Of course she was acting nice! "What is exactly going on here?" Magnus asked.
"Nothing babe"
Jace sighed. "Your girlfriend here is being rude," Jace hissed. "I don't know what you're talking about," Tiffany lied secretly giving me a glare that said 'tell and I'll kill you'. Magnus didn't seem to notice. "Jace, let's just get to class," I sighed. "But Alec-" Jace started but shut up when I gave him a look.

Time skip to lunch

Alec's POV
"What was that this morning?" Jace asked, sitting down next to me. "I don't know what you're talking about," I sighed.
"Alec, don't lie to me"
"Fine. Tiffany would've only made it worse"
"Or were you trying not to make Magnus more mad at you?"
"Jace! Tiffany would've probably killed me if I tell what exactly happened. Besides, Magnus wouldn't even believe us"
"Alec!" Izzy shouted. "Hey look it's my competition," Tiffany snickered.
"Oh hi Tiffany"
"...hi?"
"Tiff, be nice," Magnus commented. "Why should I? She's my competition," Tiffany whined. Izzy was about to comment before glancing at me concerned. "Alec, your hand is getting out of control," Jace whispered. I glanced at him before looking at my hand and sure enough there were sparks coming out of it. "Cover me," I whispered before running out of the cafeteria.

Jace's POV
"Where did Alec go such in a hurry?" Tiffany smirked. "He had to go to the bathroom," I lied. "It was a huge emergency," Izzy added. "Why do I have a feeling you're lying?" Tiffany asked. "Because you're a bitch," I mumbled. Just that moment, Alec ran in and quickly sat next to me. How he was able to control his magic so quickly, I had no idea. No one knew what was happening to Alec except Izzy, Simon, Clary, Maryse, and I. It was only a matter of time until Alec is forced to tell Magnus as well but it wouldn't be easy. "Um hello?" Tiffany smirked. "I'm sorry. What was your unimportant question you just had to ask?" I grinned.
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me"
Tiffany huffed and walked away. "Out of all the people you could date, you choose Tiffany?" I asked. "And why is that your business? Last time I checked, you weren't choosing who I could not be with," Magnus hissed before sitting down.
"Don't you have a girlfriend to be with?"
"And?"
"And shouldn't you sit with her?"
"No"
I rolled my eyes before returning to Alec's attention. "Nice lie by the way," Magnus commented. "Lie?" I asked confused. Did he know I was lying about Alec?
"Jace, I'm a warlock who has lived for centuries. I think I know a lie when I see one"
"Wait, you know?"
"Know what exactly?"
"That-"
"That I'm changing into a warlock," Alec finished. I looked at him in shock before returning my attention to Magnus who had his mouth wide open.

To be continued......