Chapter 3- Pass out

~Venus~

After finishing some gown work I open my message from Tate.

T: I hate homework, I not even close to finishing.

V: I just finished 😎. Text we when you finished.

T: 😱how? K. Best friends

V: till the end

I put some ear buds one and listen to
Jar of heart by Christina Perri. While listening to some music I started to draw in notebook.

Four songs past and I decided to put my phone on the charger while I cleaned my room a little. I fixed my shelf when Landon shouted "Dinner!" I walked downstairs behind the running chase and Luke. I sat at my usual spot as Landon handed me a plate of green beans, potatoes and chicken. "Has everyone finished their homework!" He said serving the boys. "Not even close" Luke said. "Vee?" Landon asked. I nodded and got a surprised look from everyone. "How about you chase?" Landon asked sitting down next to me with his own plate. "I don't understand my English homework" he slightly shouted. Landon looked at me. "Vee did you finish yours?" Before I could answer chase stepped in "little miss perfect finished hers in class. Everyone else had homework." He said in a rude why. Why is he mad at me for being. Smart. "Chase why are you so made at Vee?" Luke questioned.

"When we started highschool, we had to sit with eat other. Luke sat with Landon freshman year and I sat with Luke freshman year. But the silent one gets to do what she wants" he shouted out. Landon looked at me "you didn't sit with them" Landon asked. I know I was suppose to but I didn't was to talk about sports. But what's the big deal. "No she didn't. Our amazing sister choose her best friend over her brothers. Oh and she talked to him. But when she's around us she doesn't talk at all!" He shouted again. Why was he so mad about this. "Chase calm down man you don't look so good" Luke said as chase was sweating and completely red. "So what's your answer now. You can talk to Tate but not your family. Why?" I didn't say anything. "See. She won't talk to us. I wish you died instead of mom!" Chase shouted making my heart stop. Chase used to be my best friend until my mom died. My best friend just told me to die. "Because every time I see you guys, all I can think about is mom. That it's my fault she's dead, everyday I wish I was the one that died!" I screamed the last part because running upstairs and locking myself in the bathroom.

All I heard was my own cries as I looked down at the sink. My head felt like it was going to explode. I cried harder. I saw a single drop of blood fell in to the white sink I looked Into the mirror and saw my nose bleeding.  I heard a knock on the door "Vee, Vee are u okay?" I couldn't get any words out as the room started to spin. My nose bled more more and tasted blood. I whiled my lips only to find blood in my mouth. "Venus, answer me" Landon shouted knocking morn. I tried walking toward the door to unlock it my I just go more dizzy. My head met the corner of the counter. Before darkness consumed me..

~Landon~

Venus screamed that last part before running up stairs. Luke and I stood silent as chase fell to the floor crying. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a Motrin and gave it to Luke for chase. "Did Venus just say that?" Luke said still in shock. I nodded and ran up the stairs. I saw every door open but the bathroom door. I knocked. "Vee, Vee are u okay" I said but got no answer. I could hear her moving around and her loud cries. I knocked again. "Venus answer me!" I shouted as I heard it sound like she was gagging. I shook the handle till I heard a bang sound "Venus!" I said stepping back and kicking the door opened.

There was blood in the sink, on the floor, and on the corner of the counter. Venus laid lifeless with blood covering her mouth and shirt. "Luke Call 911!"I screamed and I fell next to Venus trying to find a plus. I sighed in relief as I felt a pulse. Chase and Luke rushed up and gasped. Chased seem perfectly normal now. Luke was on the phone telling them the address when Venus' body jerked. She took her pill it must be from hitting her head. She was now rapidly jerking and I put her on her side. Foam and blood was coming pit of her mouth. More blood was coming out of her nose. Two minutes later and she was still seizing. Paramedics rushed on and I moved out the way. They asked questions while. Tending to her, I told them about her medical history about seizures. Depression.  And the car accident. They wheeled her out on a gurney. Chase and Luke appeared out of their rooms with bags. We were always prepared for a hospital trip. Luke ran to my room and grabbed my back and chase went to grab Venus'.

I Drove to the hospital with chase and Luke. We were right behind the ambulance that held our baby sister. "Please don't take her" I prayed. Chase was in the back seat looking guilty. I wanted to know what the hell made him lash out at her but not right now. We made it to the hospital and parked. I watched as the wheeled my sister in and we ran to the desk. "Venus Livermore" I said at the front desk.

It's been hours and we haven't heard anything. Luke was falling asleep in his chair and chase hand his head in his hand. "Why the hell did you lash out at Vee" I said quietly but quiet. Chase started shaking his head. "I don't know, honestly. " he said looking scared. Before I could daily anything a doctor walked in "Venus Livermore"  all three of us stood up quickly. "I'm Landon her oldest brother and her legal guardian" I said to make it less Confusing. The doctor nodded and looked worried. "She had a pretty bad seizure and from the looks at her chart probably the worst she has ever had. As for the bleeding from her mouth and nose, we think it's from her seizure meds. Sometime kids can develop their own side affects to their meds. So we are going to change her meds. She has a concussion from her fall. " he finished and my heart was racing. "Can we see her" Luke asked weakly. We all looked at the doctor waiting for an answer
"You can see her, but she is in and out of consciousness. Follow me" we all nodded and Luke and chase grabbed the bags and we walked down a hall.

We reached a door and entered. The room was lit up by only two lamps on either side of her bed. "It's late so we just left the lamps on" the doctor whispered. We all walked in and I wanted to cry. She had tubes going I
In to her arms. All I could think about was the night of the accident. How scared and upset she was. The room Was fairly big it had two chairs and a small gray couch. I sat in a chair and held my sleeping sisters hand.

Before the doctor left I ran over to him and asked if I could talk to him outside. "My brother chase. He lashed out at dinner tonight. It was out if nowhere and yelled at Venus. Which made her go upstairs. When they came up stairs chase seemed fine and doesn't remember why he lashed out" I said feeling scared. The doctor thought about in for a minute. "I can order a brain scan and a evaluation to see?" He said I nodded and went back inside telling chase what was about to happen.

"What?! I'm not doing any of that."chase crossed his arms. Luke was listening but was next to Vee as chase and I were by the couch. "I wasn't asking. " I said sternly. "Chase just do it, we don't need you lashing out at Vee again" Luke said in a annoyed tone. Chase looked looked at Vee and his mood softened "fine.." he said looking down. I nodded and hugged him.

What's wrong with chase?

How's Vee going to act when She wakes up?

What do you think of the story?

Vote and comment