Chapter 19- The Offer

~Venus~

I stood there is disbelief. He didn't look that much older. He had nice clothes on, they looked expensive. But then again A $10 shirt to me is expensive so who knows.

He just starred at me for a few second. Maybe taking in how much he's missed since he left. I wanted to ask but at the same time, I had a feeling he wasn't here for me. I saw his eyes trail of my clothes, yes they were dirty because my dumb brothers tackled me like football player. Then I remembered, the scars. I quickly slid behind my back and act as natural as a I could.

"Well Venus where are your brothers?" He questions sounding a lot more, what's the word....oh caring.

I still couldn't talk i was so shocked that he showed up here. He had to know we were here, we are always at the park I've never seen him. Not once.

"Over there..." I almost choke on my own words as I point In the direction I came from.

He nodded and began to walk, he stopped when he realized I wasn't following.

"Aren't you coming?" He asked so Normal. Almost like he's been in my life the whole time, but he hasn't.

I slowly nodded and followed him. I stayed by his side and continued to look at the ground. That's when I felt his hand go in my shoulder, I flinched a little bit he ignored it. This didn't feel right at all. His arm pulled me and I realized in was kind of like a awkward side hug. My brothers must have seen because next thing I know, they were all shouting and running toward us.

"Get off of her!?" I heard Landon yell but stopped and my somewhat father up toward them. They froze just like I had done by the bathroom.

"Hello boys, oh Tate you've grown up so much" once again he sounded more happy them when talking to me.

I know, by just the way he acted that he definitely wasn't here for his daughter, he was more interested in my brothers.

"Dad?" Chase said a little anger.

But they have always been angry on him. I don't know, dad clearly stated that it was my fault leaving that day. I was snapped out my thought by his hand finally leaving my should. I watched him shake hands with Landon and the other boys decline nicely.

My father and bothers went back to our spot and were talking. No one noticed That Tate and I left to the empty playground. We were sitting on the swings, just barely moving them. That's when Tate finally broke to peaceful silence.

"You okay sunshine?" He said making smile at my nickname.

If only he knew I am the thunder storm. I mentally laughed.

"He still doesn't like me..." I trail on talking about my dad.

Tate looks confused and lost for a moment before finally speaking.

"Why do you say that?" He asked making pushing his feet more to go fast then me.

"He was more interest in the boys, he talk less serious toward them. When he talk to me....he makes me sound like a stranger or something" I trail on leaving my swing at its very slow swing.

"Maybe he just feels awkward and is building up an apology, I mean sunshine. The last time he saw you he blamed you for him walking out on you guys. Maybe regrets that." Tate says actually makes since for once in our lives.

"Maybe" I say still looking at the ground.

~Landon~

I could tell something was wrong with Vee, so I didn't force her to stay and talk to our "father". Tate was with her so I was fine with them going to the play ground. Plus they were where I could see them so that made it even more ok.

My brothers and stood up on the blanket we were sitting on earlier. The stranger of a dad stood across from us just starring at us.

"I'm sorry to here about your mother" he said so calm. Like he didn't even mean it.

"Yeah thanks" chase said all rude.

"Chase" I say sternly to which he understood and stopped with the bratty remarks.

"What are you doing here, we haven't seen you in 5 years and now you magically show up" I say kind of pissed off.

"Boys...I'm sorry for leaving. I truly am. But once I heard about your mother I decided it was time to patch up the family. I would never forgive myself if I left you boys to fend for yourselves." He said sincerely.

"We have for a year" chase mumbled lowly. Luckily no one heard but me. 

"What about Venus? You says us boys. Last time I checked you had four kids you left" Luke said obviously anger he left out Vee.

"Ah, yes Venus too" he said less caring and more in a serious tone.

"Anyways boys, I have an offer for you and Venus of course." He says pulling out an envelope.

" I want you guys to come and live with me, yes I know that's to fast but hear me out. Just say wth me for a week. Landon I will pay you a week's worth of your salary and I will pick up all the kids homework for the week. " he says.

He all stand there for a minute in silence till greedy chase breaks it.

"So what's in the envelope?" Chase says folding his arms.

"Oh yes of course. If you guys do choose to decline my offer, there is a check in here to help you guys out a bit." He says, I look at chase who is ready to snatch the envelope.

"So boy what's do you say?" He asked.

"When will this week trip happen ? Before I make any decision." I say taking in the fact that I have to schedule it with my work and with the school.

"Ah yes, this week. I can have my assistant make the arrangements for your work and the kids school" he say almost like it's nothing to worry about.

"Here take my number and think about it. Just give me a call by tonight. " He says handing me a business card.

1058 words

Sorry updating so late, I meant to update before the holidays but I may have forgotten by birthday is two days before Christmas so I am very sorry and hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for any mistakes