Chapter 4- Nightmare

~Venus~
I walked down the empty hall. "Hello?"  I heard the echo of footsteps but nothing around. Since when is a hospital empty? I continued walking down the hall stopping at the only lit up room. "Haha" I heard someone's laugh echo behind me. I quickly turned to find nothing. I turned back around and froze. I was laying in a bed with tubes everywhere. As I walked closer the laughing got louder. Soon in turned into screams, a shadow stood next to the bed my body laid in. The shadow lifted his hand pointing to the floor.

I looked down to see two drops of blood fall. Quickly held my nose looking back up at the now gone shadow. The screaming had stopped as soon and I make it to my body. "Wake up!" Is screamed. I high pitch ringing made my ears bleed as I held my ears all could hear was chase saying "I wish you died instead of mom" then Luke saying "it's all your fault." Then Landon voice appeared." Moms dead"
Over and over I heard all three voices repeating the same things. Until finally I took a cold breathe and fell to the floor.

~Landon~
It's been hours. Chase is doing those test tomorrow, but right now. Him and Luke are passed out on the couch. I chuckled to myself as they fell asleep with their feet in each others face. I looked back at my still sister, I grabbed her hand and was shocked. Her hand was cold, and her face went pale. I walked over to Luke and shook him awake. "Hmm" Luke said waking up. "Hey I have to go get the doctor, I'll be back" I barley finished and Luke jumped up. "Why what's wrong?" Before we could continue Vee's heart monitor sped up. Chase has now jolted up, Vee's body was jerking but not like a seizure, but like she was dreaming. Chase went to get a doctor while Luke and I walked over to Vee.

The jerking stopped and her nose was bleeding. "Vee, baby. Can you ear me." I said rubbing my knuckles along her pale cheek. Her heart monitor was going crazy causing the doctor to freeze in the door way.

Out of nowhere she jolt up.

~Venus~
I heard Landon but he couldn't here me. It was dark and I was alone. I heard a beeping sound going crazy. "Landon!" I shouted at loud as I possible could. I bright light filled the darkness blinding me.

I sat up. Everything around me was blurring I could see outline of some people, but not their faces. I looked down and could see my body and all the tubes in my arm clearly. I looked back up to see everyone clearly. Landon was on the left side of the bed, the doctor was on the right. Chase and Luke were standing by the couch. All the memories flooded my head. Chase. The dizziness. Falling.

I felt tears slip and run down my cheeks. I felt a hand go on my head pulling me into someone's chest. I looked over at the doctor, who smiled slightly. "Hey Venus, mind if I ask you some questions?" The doctor asked. I nodded my head and took a deep breathe. This is going to be interesting.

"What's your full name?" The doctor shined a light in my eyes.

"Venus Marie Livermore" I say weakly.

"When's your birthday?" He asked checking on of the tubes.

"September 10." I said coughing.

"Just one more OK" he said rubbing my back and I nodded.

"What are their names?" He said pointing to all my brothers. I look at the one next to the bed and smiled. "L-Landon. " then I looked over by the two sitting on the couch. "Um." I knew who they were but couldn't get their names out. "Venus what are their names?" The doctor asked sternly. I stuttered once again until finally I remembered. "Luke and chase" I sigh. How could I forget my brothers names?

~Landon~

She finally said their names after about two minutes of stuttering. The doctors nodded and helped Vee lay back down. He gave me a worried look and I followed him out into the hall.  He stopped right outside the door that I just closed. "I'd say she's in pretty good condition all things considered. You can take her home tomorrow after chase's test. If she happens to fall asleep your going to have to wake her up every couple hours and ask her simple questions. Like I just did" he finally finish only getting a nod in return.

I walk back into the room where Luke was now by Vee and chase was sitting on the couch looking upset. I sit next to him and nudged him a little. "Go say something" I say as he looked at me. "How can I? The last thing I said her was I wish she had died." He shook his head. I rubbed his back and whispered. "So start with sorry." Chase nodded and walked over to Venus who went silent. "Venus, I'm so sorry" he said looking like he was about to cry. "It's okay. Sometimes holding everything in causes you to explode at any moment. I'm sorry too. I should have sat with you but I didn't wasn't to talk about sports and be the only girl" she finished with glossy eyes. We all hugged her "I love you g-" she was cut off by her own gasp. We let go and saw Venus starting at an empty Corner. "Vee?" I asked she quickly shook her head "don't, don't you see her" she got out weakly. "Who?" Chase asked. A tear slipped down her cheek

"Mom.."

Hope your enjoying the Story.

Vote and comment