Chapter 23

~Venus~

 The house was beautiful and big. My father was giving us a tour, we started downstairs and looked at the Kitchen, dining room, his office, the living room, family room, and the basement. Next was upstairs. All three of my brothers were wide-eyed and smiling. They were talking about what to do first. 

 The staircase was massive and so gorgeous. It was curved and once you made it to the top, all you could see was an oval-shaped room with a single table in it. There was a hallway on the left and right. The right hallway looked more used and decorated. The left had fewer pictures It looked like it has fewer doors too. 

"Your rooms are this way," my father said pointing to the right. 

 We walked down the hall and looked in every door. The first door on the right was the game room, which was absolutely massive. There was a pool table, a dartboard, and four flat-screen TVs. one had a Wii u connected to it, another had an Xbox one, the third one had a play station 4, and the last one had regular cable and a DVD player. There were bean bags and even two apple computer in there. 

The next room was a little library with so many books, I was in love. There a small little window seat. We quickly left that room and looked at the fancy bathroom on the right. After that was the room across which was just a little room with storage. 

The last three rooms were bedrooms. The first one was on the left. The door opened to a light gray room that was as big as the living room back home. It was Landon's room. He said thank you and walked with us towards the room on the right. The room was just as big as the last but was a camouflage green color, Chase lit up once he learned it was his. The last room had to be mine or Luke's. I was beginning to wonder why One of us s didn't have a room on this side with the others. Once again the room was just as big as the others but was a Navy blue color. Turns out it was Luke's room. Everyone adored their rooms and totally forgot the fact that I hadn't seen mine yet until Chase noticed my emotion change

"Where is Vee's room?" Chase asked sounding kind of irritated

My fathers changed from happy to serious, once again. He avoided me the whole time since we been here.

"Your sister's room is in the other hall, near mine. I wanted her room to be near the surprise I have for her." He said without looking at me.

"Good then let's go see" Chase nodded and began to walk off until my father stopped him

"Actually I was hoping I could show her alone, I need to talk to her. I have something things I need to apologize for" He said sounding so sincere, yet he didn't even look at me. 

Landon grabbed chase's shoulder to stop him from following. 

"We understand, we will unpack till them" Landon finished pushing everyone inside their rooms. 

  It felt odd to be alone with him., He turned on his heels and walked toward the other hallway I saw earlier. I followed quickly and kept my mouth shut. We walked down the hall and stopped at an all-white door that had a single gold star near the doorknob, Weird.   He opens the door to probably the smallest room in the house. It was smaller than the storage closet.I looked up at him to finally see him looking down at me. 

"This is your room, The bathroom is across the hall and my room is at the end. Your surprise is in the last door on the left" He said 

I nodded and walked down the room and looked at him. He has this look in his eyes, I was absolutely terrified. I turned the doorknob and entered the small dark room. I walked in looking for the light switch but couldn't. I was about to turn around and leave when I heard the door close. I could tell he was in here with me I just couldn't see. 

"You know, you used to be scared of the dark when you were younger. Are you still scared?" He voice sounded so close 

"No not at all,"I say in a shaky voice which makes him laugh.

"You were a bad liar too, I guess some things never change"  He laughed. 

I felt him close to me and a shiver went down my spine. I tried stepping back but his hands gripped my shoulder firmly.

"Ask me," He said very demanding.

"ask you what?" I asked shaking and close to crying

"The questing you've always wanted an answer too,"  He said  squeezing my shoulders tightly

A whimper escaped my mouth. I knew there would be bruises in the morning. I tried to get out of his grip but he only squeezed harder.,

"Ask me Venus" he slightly shouted but not loud enough to hear outside of the room.

"Why!" I cried. 

"Why did you leave? what did I do?" I started crying 

I felt his hand release my shoulder and he walked away. 

 Out of nowhere, the light turned on and I found myself in a very clean, and spotless office space. It was bigger than "my room" 

The man walked to the desk where a large manila envelope land perfectly centered. With three words in bold letters on it.

Venus Marie Kasher

That wasn't my last name....

928 words