Chapter 16

There's 3 chapters left until this book finishes!

I don't know if I'll do an epilogue or not yet, should I?

Oh ya, don't get too comfortable, there's going to be a twist, there always is with me😂😂.

Y/N's POV

I couldn't sleep all night. Neither could Went. We were both up, not speaking, instead sulking and grieving in our own way. My dad has always been my number 1. He wasn't around as much as I'd have liked him to be, but he was around that's all that mattered.

"Here." Wentworth smiles sadly handing me a bowl of cereal and I push it away. "Y/N, eat the food." Went sighs but I ignore him, rocking back and forth like I have been all night. "Call the lawyers." I hoarsely instruct and Went sighs defeated.

A few minutes later Wentworth walks back into the room, this time with a bar of chocolate. "Your favourite." He forces a smile onto his own despaired face but I ignore him. "Lawyers will be here later on." He sighs and I cry more.

"I spoke to him, during the night, when we were at the hotel." I confess and Wentworth frowns. "What did he say?" He asks and I cry more. "He said he was coming home soon and he loved me." I stutter out in tears and Went sighs. "He called me as well." Went smiles and I look up at him.

"I never answered, I told myself I'd call him in the morning." Went angrily speaks and I cry more. "How did he?" I look to Wentworth and he ignores me looking away. "Please." I beg him but he shakes his head.

"How did my dad die Wentworth tell me now!" I shout but Wentworth only shoves the bowl of cereal back into my hands. "It doesn't matter." He whispers looking me in the eyes and I cry while his start to water. "It was bad, wasn't it?" I look at Wentworth crying and he nods, a few tears also falling.

"Oh." I whisper defeated and puke up again, feeling nauseous and light headed. All of the worlds worst thoughts clouding my mind. "I uh, I'll turn the tv on." Wentworth suggests and I nod my head unbothered.

"The body of now identified as Y/D/F/N was found in a river at 4am this morning and subsequently confirmed of their identity by a family member. Y/D/F/N is survived by a daughter who will inherit his millions, it is being speculated that she is currently in London, her whereabouts not pinpointed as of yet. Y/D/F/N has been known to the police for countless criminal activities but has never been brought to justice, only ever reaching trial.     Y/F/N on the other hand is believed to be oblivious to her fathers wrong doings, and it is not yet confirmed if she has been informed of his death." The reporter on the news speaks and when Wentworth notices what's going on he switches the channel.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." Went sighs pulling me into a hug and I weep into his shoulder. "A river?" I look to Went heart broken and he nods his head trying to mask his frown. "Oh my god." I sigh out loud feeling all too sick again and Wentworth holds my face up.

"Here." He feeds me some water and I slowly swallow it down my sore throat. "Y/N, nothing you do or say is going to bring him back, so get your act together and live your life properly, the way your dad would've wanted. Starving yourself does nothing." Wentworth sadly scolds and I wipe my tears away on the back of my hand.

"We should go back home." Went starts as he passes me a fresh bowl of cereal and I shake my head. "It's too much, the people, everything. Let's just." I speak looking to Wentworth, slowly opening my mouth as he feeds me.

"Stay here for a while?" He finishes off my suggestion and I nod my head. There's a knock on the door and Wentworth leaves to answer it while I push the food aside and take steady sips of water.

"Y/N, so sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences honestly, I knew your father before you were born." Fi my fathers main lawyer sincerely apologises and I nod. "Ya." I sigh, rubbing my eyes and pulling the blanket Wentworth passes me over my body.

"These 6 men, are also your dads lawyers, we have his will over here with us." Fi introduces and the men wave their hands, sitting down around the table. "Read it." I sigh out loud and Went sits next to me.

"Firstly, I'd like to say, this feels weird, I hope you don't have to read this letter anytime soon, and if you do, no matter what happened or happens, I love you, my daughter, my angel and my darling Y/N. If the last time we spoke I scolded or upset you over something stupid like you always do, then forgive me, you can't possibly fathom how deep to the ends of this world I'd go, to ensure your safety, affection and most importantly happiness." Fi reads and I burst out crying upon hearing the words 'I love you.'

"It's okay." Wentworth sighs pulling me in for a hug and I wrap my arms around his neck. "I can't believe he's...dead." I cry and Went shakes his head. "Don't say that. As long as you're alive his legacy lives on." Wentworth speaks and I shake my head. "I have nothing left." I cry and Wentworth hugs me tighter. He moves his arms as a gesture to carry on and Fi smiles sadly before she continues.

"I leave behind to you, Y/F/N, every single thing I own, my homes, cars, bank accounts, clothes, watches, everything. 15% of everything you receive will go to a charity of your choice, and all my businesses will be of joint partnership with your uncle Wentworth." Fi speaks.

"Do you mind if I read the rest on my own?" I ask smiling weakly and she nods smiling back.

I read the rest, Went following over my shoulder and I smile despite all my sadness. "He's going to haunt us in our sleep instead." I look up at Went and he smirks, holding me close. "That's perfect." Went smiles as we both read over the rest of the will on our own.

When we've finished dads lawyers hand me some boxes and cards. "Our numbers, we all work for you now. These are duplicate keys to everything your father owns. These cards are numbers of people who could help, lock smiths, your dad's secretaries, employees, banker, etc. If you need anything else just give us a ring." Fi bids her farewells and I smile as I watch her and her army of lawyers strut down the hallway.

"That wasn't half as bad as I thought it'd be." Wentworth speaks from behind me as we're stood at our door and I sigh smiling. "It wasn't, was it." I run a hand over my face and Went starts to play with the hair falling around my face. "I've never seen you so upset before." Wentworth frowns and I smile up at him.

"Can we just, talk for a while?" I speak and Wentworth nods smiling. "We can eat ice cream as well." He wiggles his eyebrows and I nod, genuinely happy as I feel his arms wrap around my legs and carrying me to the couch.

"I love you." He looks me deeply into the eyes smirking and I yawn. "I love you too." I whisper, hugging him tightly, drifting off to sleep, as I lay on his chest.

~xx