Chapter 17

A few days later

Y/N's POV

The entire time Wentworth and I have been here we've been comforting each other. My father was Went's surrogate brother for all of his life after all. I've still been feeling sick and nauseous, it's hard to cope, but Went has been supportive to say the least.

"You sure you're ready Y/N?" Wentworth asks, re assuring me that's it's not too late to back out but I nod my head. He sighs, giving me a look that says I'm making a bad decision but nonetheless, has our bags loaded into the plane.

The police rung a few hours ago saying we could finally bury my fathers body so I decided to grab the first flight back home.

~~~

"Home sweet home." Wentworth sarcastically remarks as the swarm of reporters and paparazzi approach our car. It was ugly to say the least. We had to call and wait until security arrived to help us. During the time my father's passed, more than a few of his crimes are coming to light. That's not what concerns them though, it's the billionaire bachelors daughter having an affair with her uncle which does.

God fuck over whoever told them.

"That is a lot of flowers." I observe as I step into my living room, now hay fever central. "This place is crammed with gifts from your birthday as well." My housekeeper Tom explains and I cringe at the thought of that day.

Not only was my perfect affair exposed, but my dad died hours later.

"You are expecting visitors as of tomorrow." Tom reminds me and I nod my head understanding. "That's fine, dump all the flowers." I mutter out and he nods complying.

"Max." I smile, squeezing him tightly and Wentworth laughs as he scratches him as well. Max barks excited and I only hug him harder. "I needed you." I frown on the verge of tears and Max starts to lick my tears away. "Max is my dog, I needed him." Wentworth jokes and I roll my eyes at him playfully.

"Thank you." I smile up at Went and he looks down at me smirking. "Thank you for what? Being so endlessly sexy or Godly?" Wentworth humours and I push him back a bit. "You know what I mean." I smile and Went does too.

"I know." Went brushes his hands against mine comfortingly and I tiptoe, so we can hold eye contact. "Seriously, thank you." I whisper and kiss him on the cheek. "That's just my job Y/N, honestly, don't thank me." Wentworth says as he pulls Max away from me and I follow him to the kitchen.

"We should start hiring more staff around here, starting with a chef." Wentworth speaks as we skim through the cupboards and I make a sound agreeing with him. "From tomorrow, our routine changes back to normal okay?" Wentworth says and I agree with him yet again.

"We need stability." I yawn out exhausted, jet lag catching up with me. "We'll get that, you shower and go to bed, I'll start with the phone calls." Went yawns and I kiss his cheek yet again. "Night love." I hug him and he laughs. "Night sweetheart." He snatches Max to himself and I don't fight him. Finally happy that I'm being reunited with my bed. Except the last time I was here my father was comforting me, it was our last physical contact.

Wentworth's POV

"You'll start next week...perfect." I sigh ending the call knackered. Everything has been prepared, the new staff for the house, funeral planners, Y/D/N specifically chose for himself at an event like this, visitors for tomorrow, security, everything.