Chapter 18

The funeral, a few days later

Y/N's POV

"You ready darling?" Wentworth wraps his arm around the small of my back sympathetically glancing at me. I peck him on the lips quickly, as a symbol of my strength and he grins as he steps out of the car. Surrounded by numerous reporters as he opens my door and holds a hand out to me. "Don't answer any questions." Went idly instructs and I nod my head in agreement.

"Y/N, oh my god, I've missed you!" Anna beams as she runs up to me, hugging me tightly and I giggle into her shoulder. "Lovely to see you too." I run my hands through her hair, generally happy to see her after ages and she smiles. "The last time wasn't exactly convenient now was it?" She smirks and I roll my eyes as she carries on.

"I just, wow, I never thought we'd be standing here you know, uncle Y/D/N. It's just so unexpected." Anna frowns and I sigh heavily trying not to cry. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." Anna rambles regretfully but I flick it off. "It's my father's funeral, I'm bound to cry, it's better I drain my tears out now." I try to make a joke out of it but only feel saddened more.

"Hey babe, we need to go." Went interrupts and I follow him into the crowds of people. "This is so surreal." I whisper as I walk with Went in rhythm and he agrees with me. "It's weird." Went replies back and I melt into his arms as he snakes them around my waist.

Gradually the crowds start to move over to the priest. "This is it." I sigh, holding Went's arm tightly and he frowns himself watching as the events unfold. "23 years." Wentworth whispers and I start to whimper, ready to cry again. "Best friends for 23 years, all of it going to the ground today." We both sigh out loud and then I push my lips onto his. He kisses me back, it's only a brief kiss but it still manages to grab the attention of half of the guests.

The funeral commences, guests frowning in disapproval each time they notice any form of contact between Wentworth and I. The priest reads his sermons and then aunty Claire decides to speak on behalf of the immediate family. Me not wanting the entire world to see me emotionally break down, these stupid reporters don't give a damn as they snap pictures and videos.

~~~

"So, you two, how did that come to become." One of my dad's exes asks inside the church and I roll my eyes. "Martha, lovely to see you." I tilt my head sarcastically and she snarls at me. "I always thought you and Y/D/N were family, this is wrong is it not?" Martha makes snarky comments and Wentworth decides to reply this time, choosing to carefully word himself as people start to watch entertained.

"I was supposed to be family to you as well Martha, you were engaged to my best friend yet you tried to move to me, tit for tat." Wentworth replies calmly and Martha turns 50 shades of red.

I laugh slightly and Anna full on starts clapping it's hilarious. "If you don't mind, I'll give you permission to let us leave, it's my best friends funeral, and I hardly have the time for your sarcasm." Wentworth's husky voice echoes and I die.

"He's so hot." I fangirl in Anna's ear but she gags. "Girl, don't talk to me about him, he's my grandad." She jokes and I roll my eyes amused. "Grandpa got a teenage sex life I can tell you that." I smirk and Anna rolls over laughing. "Nasty." She laughs. "Every night." I wink before leaving to join Went, to leave.

"Bye love." Aunt Claire kisses me repeatedly and I smile. "I'm fine honestly, stop fussing." I laugh and she only playfully glares at me. "You need anything, you call me. And if I'm busy, you come to my house anyways, and beat these two losers up so they know to help you." She holds eye contact with me worried and I only laugh, while Justin and James complain about abuse.

"I made a promise to your mum and dad, don't let me let them down." Aunty Claire kisses my cheek again and I smile hugging her tight. "I'll come over soon, you can bake me a cake." I say and she laughs. "If you want a cake in the middle of the night, I will bring you a cake in the middle of the night, never hesitate to call me okay. Your mum was my sister, your father was a brother to me as well." She sympathises and blink away my tears before they fall.

Waving, I leave with Wentworth, after one final visit to my dad's newly laid grave, it was painful to say the least, but what's done is done, there is no changing that.

"Today..."

"Wow." Wentworth completes my speech and I giggle. "It's over now, that's all that matters." I sigh and he places his hand on my thigh. "Listen, nothing is over, your dad will haunt us in your sleep like you said." Wentworth jokes and I laugh. "I love him." I smile at his memory and Went does as well. "Me too." He sighs and with that he pulls the car up, outside our driveway.

"You know, I want to feel sadder than I already am, but I've come to terms with it? Does that make me a bad person?" I look to Went and he shakes his head. "You cried for almost a week straight and starved yourself, I'd say you were more than sad." Went speaks as he carries the gifts inside the house. Mostly consisting of old photo albums and flowers.

"We're on the news." I laugh as Went approaches me, both of us smirking as we stare at the picture of us kissing. "We didn't even get to finish that, Martha decided to interrupt." Went laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Martha is a bitch." I laugh. "Can I? Today." Wentworth asks and I know exactly what he means. Looking around the house I sigh, what is there left to do? I want everything to be normal again, and I miss Wentworth's touch. "Ya." I smile wrapping my arms around his neck and he kisses me.

"Couch." I mumble into the kiss and Wentworth swiftly carries me there. Without departing lips, I undress myself and Went to the best of my ability, feeling him squeezing my corners as he stabilises himself, at my entrance.

"I love you." I whisper into Wents mouth. "I love you too." Wentworth pushes his member deep into my core and I lose myself, too trapped into the moment, to kiss back. My back arching and toes curling. The feeling sensational.

Next chapter is the last xx

~xx