VII

"Day number three" you mumble as you get out of bed, throwing your hair carelessly into a bun on top of your head. You got a shower last night so you didn't bother with trying to fix your messy hair-do.

You grab a pair of black leggings and a light grey Nike sweatshirt. Despite what Beth says, that place is freezing. It may be the cement walls, but holy shit it's cold in there. You sigh and slip on black socks and your black Nike roshes.

Your parents left for work about two hours ago, so you were on your own for the morning. Which, you didn't mind considering it's be peaceful. You unplug your phone and slide it into your sweatshirt pocket, along with your keys and wallet. You didn't get paid for your job at the hospital yet, but you were told by Dr. Bettleman that payment was every Friday.

As you're walking to the kitchen, your phone starts to ring from your pocket. You lazily take it out and see the hospital's number.

"Hello" you say answering the call. You were sure it was just someone asking you to come a little earlier.

"Y/n? It's Dirk" you smile a little, "we have a situation down at the hospital and we were wondering if you could come in, in about an hour or two instead of a half hour?"

"What kind of situation?" you ask, hoping it wasn't a serious thing like Beth had told you was possible. Things like... patients going crazy and lashing out.

"Nothing too serious, just a loose patient. We will have her detained soon, but don't rush on coming in, okay? We'd prefer you to be safe" he says into the phone.

"Yeah, sure okay. Thanks" you say your goodbyes and hang up, sliding the phone back into your pocket.

Thank God he didn't say 'him'.

Grayson's POV

I woke up rudely to the sound of sirens blaring through the hallway. Other patients were at their doors, looking through to see if they saw anyone, or a way out. I just sat in my bed, knowing it was just a breach, someone was loose.

Damn, i wish it was me.

"It could be you. Maybe you could find that precious Y/n of yours" i screw my eyes shut in attempt to block him out, but he keeps talking. "Maybe one day she can be your next victim. We all know she'll never love you" i open my eyes again, realizing he was probably right.

But with someone on the loose, i can't help but think...

Is she here? Is she safe? Maybe she's off work today.

Then another thought hits me, cutting me to the core.

If she shows caring emotion... it's only because it's her job. She doesn't really care. She never will.

I lay on the cold bed, covering my body with the scratchy blanket.

Why is it so damn cold in here? Isn't it May? I don't know...

"Dolan" Folley says from the cell beside mine. They said this place wasn't prison, but damn it sure feels like it. The cold walls and floors. The shackles i'm always in. The gross food, the cells, the hard metal, the small glimpse of light through the smallest window ever. It was all like jail.

"What?"

"Where do you go every day?"

My brows furrow in confusion, "why the fuck do you wanna know?"

"Because i'm curious. I see them take you in and out of here once a day. Even twice sometimes. Where do you go in that time?" There was no use in telling him. Coming into this place, you get asked if you want therapy. No doubt he was asked the same question. He probably turned it down.