XXX

Grayson's POV

My heart pounded so fast i swore everyone could hear it. Beth, Y/n, Carl, they were all in my room.

Y/n was going over release forms with me that i had to sign because Bettleman still wasn't here. Beth was silently crying tears of joy, wiping her nose occassionally with the tissue she had wrapped around her finger. Carl was at the open door, speaking with Jack and another guard.

"Sign here" Y/n says, catching my attention from the stale atmosphere of the room.

I could feel the tension between her and i.

She just barely escaped my bed this morning. If she couldn't hear my heartbeat, i could hear hers. It was fast and strong. She tucked her y/h/c colored hair behind her ear and handed me her pen.

The warmness from where her dainty hands previously held it made me happy.

I scribble my signature on the line, not caring to read it at all. I trust Y/n. The soft black ink bleeds onto the white paper as i move my hand.

"Good, now... here and here" she points to two other lines and i scribble my signature there too.

After the last spiratic line at the end of my last name, Y/n breathed out loudly, probably glad she didn't have to keep up an act around these people anymore. She can have me anytime she wants.

"You're free to go," her eyes glance up at me as she clips the contract to the clipboard, tucking the pen into the open space behind the clip.

I was about to say something until Beth started wailing, "awe, Grayson! It's been great having you here, Deary. I'm so glad you're better" she praises, slinging her arms around my neck in a tight hug. She smelled of Dîor perfume and hairspray.

"I'll come visit you, Beth" i reply, hugging her back. She began to cry more into my clothed shoulder, sniffling as if her favorite friend just died.

"You better" she scolds. Her arms release me and i look at her with a bright smile, not realizing how much i may have meant to her. I came after her son died and she always said i looked just like him. "You're an angel" she whispers, cupping my cheeks.

When she lets go, she excuses herself out of the room and heads out down the hallway. I will miss her.

"Oh, Dolan..." Carl says, smirking at me. "You're finally out of this shit hole" he laughs, patting my shoulder a few times. "I never thought you'd make it out, Pal."

I laugh along with him that time, "me neither." I sneak a peek at Y/n who was talking to Dail in the doorway. I could barely hear her prenunciation of her 's' letters.

"Make sure you keep up the good attitude, alright?" I look back at Carl and smile at him, feeling the regret of all the things i'd ever said to him.

"You got it, Carl" i say.

He shakes his head and pulls me in for a hug, "see you soon, son."

His comment made my heart speed up even more. My own father hasn't made the move to even call me, and this man i've known for two years sees me as his own. I am truly blessed.

Carl leaves next, leaving me standing in the middle of my room with Y/n and Dail at the doorway.

"Congratulations on leaving, Grayson" Jack says with a fake smile at the end.

"Yeah, i'm glad i never have to see you again" i say truthfully, returning the fake smile. He cocks his jaw to the side and looks to Y/n telling her he'd see her later.

Like hell he will.

"So Y/n," i begin, "how would you like to fraternize with an ex-convict?"

She turns to me with the biggest smile ever, a small laugh falling from her lips. "Maybe later, Dolan. It's almost twelve, you should get your stuff."

I groan in frustration and pull her to me, closing the door lightly. "Kiss me goodbye?"

She huffs and gives in, rolling her eyes at me. Her lips meet mine for a mere second, not nearly long enough for me to enjoy it. As she pulls away, i whine and stomp my foot like a toddler in a toy store.

"Baby" i beg.

"Grayson, you need to get your things" she laughs, heading to my duffle bag on my bed. Yeah, a step up from a box of my stuff. It's now a bag.

"I can't take you though" i smirk at her, loving the blush rising on her beautiful cheeks.

"I'm not yours, Grayson" she says truthfully. It stung to hear the truth. Especially from her.

"Can't we just pretend you are?"

She shakes her head,running her fingers along the zipper on my dufflebag. "Katrina is yours, Gra-"

"She is not" i defend.

"But she just had your child, Grayson! You had to have loved her enough to make that happen."

I shake my head and walk to her, holding her hands in mine, "i may have thought i loved her, but trust me when i say this," i made her look at me, to feel what i say, "i never loved her like i love you."

Tears surfaced in her eyes once again, just like they had lastnight. I can't stand seeing her cry. "I love you" she whispers.

"I love you more, Y/n."

Your POV

After your private goodbye with Grayson, you two walked down to the front doors of the lobby, talking about what it would be like when he gets out.

"Will you come see me?"

He smiles at your question, "of course. Give me your address and you can count on me being at your house tonight." You cheeks burn a bright red just thinking about your parents seeing an ex-mental patient showing up at your door.

"How about i give you my number and you give me your address" you smile, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"I live with E though" he says awkwardly.

"So? He's my friend too" you say, teasing him. Grayson obviously wasn't just your friend.

"No problem" he says, walking up to Beth's desk. He grabs a piece of paper from behind it and a pen, writing down 111 cherry lane. He hands it to you and smiles, "Ethan and i don't plan on moving back to New Jersey any time soon, so visit whenever you want."

"Okay" you confirm, slipping the paper into your back pocket.

Your conversation was haulted when a disheveled Bettleman came through the doors. Beth was the first to act, "oh my gosh, are you alright? How was Katrina?"

You felt a knot in your stomach as he closed his eyes, shaking his head.

She's dead.

Grayson's mouth was parted slightly and his breathing was shallow. "What about the baby?" Grayson's question made everyone look at him, then Bettleman.

"The baby is-"

Oooh. Cliffhanger lol. Word count: 1175