X

You turn around, recognizing the dimples immediately. You stop and wait for him to walk up to you, noticing the cute stride in his step. He comes closer, pushing his hair from his face slightly. "Not sure if you know me or not, but i'm Jack" he introduces himself, putting his hand forward for you to shake.

You grab his hand, shaking it politely, "hi, Jack" you say awkwardly, knowing you should have stayed in the bathroom longer. "I'm Y/n, but you knew that... How?"

He blushes and takes his hand away, looking down at his feet. "Uh, earlier when you came in, i may have asked Beth about you" he smiles, revealing his dimples once again. The were so deep. Like skin craters. 

"Oh, you did?" You tease, smiling back at him. He looks up at you, his blue eyes pouring into you. He nods slightly, trying to hide his smile by pressing his tongue to the inside of his cheek.

"I heard you were the psychiatrist's assistant?"

"Oh, yeah. Not much to do up in that office" you say truthfully, crossing your arms over your chest, hugging your body into the sweatshirt more.

"I understand. I haven't done much of anything except go for coffee runs and walk the halls..." you perk up at the sound of caffeine.

"Coffee?"

He smirks, knowing exactly what you wanted to do. "Should I go get you some, or would you like to come with me?"

You raise your hand, tapping your chin slightly in thought. "I have to ask Dirk, but I'll meet you by the front desk" you say with a smile.

"Okay" he agrees, watching you walk away. you sway your hips slightly, just enough to get his attention. When you go up the first few stairs, you look back and see him smiling to himself. As were you.

Reaching the third floor, your mind wanders through the options of coffee to perk up your day.

Caramel Macchiato sounds amazing.

You sigh happily and open the office door, Bettleman sitting at his desk with a pregnant woman in the seat across from him. You weren't sure what they were talking about before you walked in, but all sounds ceased when the door closed behind you.

"Yes, Y/n?" Bettleman straightens a stack of papers on his desk, looking at you.

"Um, is it alright if I head out for coffee?" Bettleman looks at the woman in front of him.

She nods a little. From the back, she seemed younger. Her straight blonde hair, she probably had blue eyes.

"Of course" he smiles, awaiting your exit from the room.

"Thank you" you say, leaving the tense atmosphere as quick as possible, thinking it was odd that he looked to her for permission.

You head down to the lobby, making sure your keys, phone and wallet were still in your pocket. Your sneakers make small pounding sounds on the stairs, causing both Beth and Jack to look your way.

"You ready?" Jack twirls his keys around his finger, the lanyard extending out as it rotates. You nod and glance at Beth who is holding a smirk on her face.

You roll your eyes, knowing what she was thinking. But it's just simple coffee. Right?

Grayson's POV

The sound of the buzzer made me wake up in a panicked mode. Half of my face was cold and I was on the floor, as if I was unconscious. That's when it hit me.

I tried to hurt Bettleman. I was tackled and tranquilized. Awesome.

I push myself up, wobbling slightly from my tired state. Damn, that tranquilizer really does a good job.

"Unlike you. You had the perfect opportunity to kill him and run. You failed" he tells me. I sit on my bed, rubbing my eyes to rid them of the blurry vision.

"Dolan" someone says. I look to the square window of my door, noticing the other guard I never had a chance to speak with.

"Yeah" I say.

"You have someone here to speak with you. But you have to go to the questioning room" he tells me, unlocking my cell door. He has cuffs in his hands, ready to lock me up. The questioning room is a square cement room windows except for the one-way glass that is for surveillance. Guards stand on the other side, making sure I don't try to kill whoever visits me.

I stand up, annoyed that I can't sleep in my bed. The floor wasn't very comfortable. The guard steps inside and I put my hands out, feeling the cold metal close around my wrists. He tightens them too much and I feel the blood flow cut off around the hard cuff.

"Let's go" he says, placing a guiding hand on my shoulder. I shrug it off, knowing where the room is on my own. He huffs and walks beside me, probably watching my every move. I won't do anything.

What Bettleman showed me was evidence from my murders. I told him I never wanted to see that stuff ever again or it would bring back the memories and feelings. The urge to kill came back and I was certainly about to murder someone. Whether it was Dirk or Y/n...

"Your little girlfriend. I doubt you'd hurt her. You've had more chances to than not." He was right. I don't think I'd be able to hurt her... not even if she hurt me first.

The guard stops me in front of the room, swiping his card for it to unlock. He swings it open, but I wish it would close.

"Hey Gray" she says. I stare blankly at her, unaware that she was coming to visit me. Or if she'd come to visit me at all after what had happened.

"I'll leave you to it" the guard says as I sit down across from her. My right leg bounced as I anticipated her first words. Or, was I supposed to say something first?

"Just say something you Pussy."

"How have you been?" I mentally curse myself for being so dumb. She's probably been horrible.

"I'm doing okay. I just had to think about what happened and how to... cope" she says. I nod, understanding completely.

"I'm sorry about everything, I just didn't know how else to react so I... became a little spastic." I admit, when she told me she was pregnant, I was off the rails. I didn't know what to do. I never planned to have a child, especially while I'm in a mental hospital with jail life sentences on my head.

"It's okay, Gray. I didn't know how to respond either, but I didn't try to-"

"Please don't say it" I plead. She nods, understanding that I didn't want the reminder.

"Oh, I'll remind you, don't worry. You tried to kill the baby. Didn't you" I squeeze my eyes shut, blocking him out slightly. The voice was quieter now.

"Do you still hear it?"

My eyes open back up, staring back at her. I nod slightly, remembering that I told her about the voice during our sessions. Even though, those sessions weren't always about talking.
"I heard you tried attacking Bettleman this morning" she says, leaning forward. Her large belly got in the way. She must be at least six months by now.

"Yeah" I say, not wanting to add any more to it. "Do you know if it's a girl or a boy" I ask her, eyeing the bump. Her blue eyes blink at me, as if she'd seen something unbelievable.

"It's a girl" she says breathlessly, caressing the curve of her pregnant stomach. My heart pounded. She looked down at it, smiling to herself. It'd be so much easier if I wasn't in here.

"I was thinking of naming her Bailey" she smiles up at me, her striking orbs focused on me.

"It sounds perfect, Katrina."

Word Count: 1320