XXIX

Your POV

You turn in your bed, not enjoying the night you've had of restless sleep. All that has been on your mind is Grayson and how it will go tomorrow. He gets to leave. And you have to pretend to hate him.

What will you say? How will you act? Will you have to escort him out of the institution? Hopefully not.

You glance at your phone and press the home button, 1:33 AM showing at the top.

"Ugh" you grunt, rolling back onto your stomach. You huff and shove your face into your soft pillow. Your rest was short-lived when your phone blared with the ringtone you never thought to change. It was annoying.

You groan as your hand reaches out and your grab your phone, hitting the green button as you put it up to your ear, "hello?"

"Oh, Y/n! Thank God, i need you to come into work i'm on my way to the hospital" Bettleman says quickly. He voice was shaky and his breathing was fast.

"Is everything alright" you ask, flipping the blanket off of you. You cross the room and flick on the light.

"It's Katrina, she's in labor and she's-" a subtle sob leaves his lips, "she's dying."

"Oh my gosh, i'll be there in fifteen minutes don't worry."

"Thank you so much. I have to go" he says before hanging up the call. No doubt he was a mess. A driving mess.

You leave your black yoga pants on and slip on a red sweatshirt over your baby blue tank top.

You slip on a pair of black Nike roshes and grab your phone and keys, heading out the door to your car.

As you drive, you feel your heart hammer in your chest just thinking about Katrina. You felt bad about all things you have done to her, said about her. She was dying. And you get to be with Grayson.

I hope she's okay.

Grayson's POV

The atmosphere is quiet. It was warm in my room for once. The urge to wrap into a blanket subsided.

Bettleman rushed out of my room right after he told me Katrina was dying. I thought i'd be fine about it, but the way i'm staring blankly at the wall tells a different story.

'Katrina is in labor and she's dying! Do you even care?'

I thought i didn't.

Turns out i do. Not for Katrina, i hope that bitch burns in hell. She used me.

I hope Bailey is okay. My beautiful baby girl. The realization hit me that a part of me is somewhere out there. My daughter. My child. She is mine, she came from me.

I'll be damned if i ever let anyone hurt her.

'Your own child could die too! Wake the fuck up, Grayson.' Bettleman tore into me like a wolf. He had the right to. I let him do it.

I could hear gravel crunch under tires. It's probably the person who said they'd come in to cover for Dirk. Part of me hoped it'd be Y/n, but she couldn't watch this whole place. She couldn't carry out Bettleman's job.

It's also one in the morning. She wouldn't come here.

The sound of jingling keys and fast footsteps come down the hall, right to my door. Knocks ring out against the wood,"Grayson" she says.

"Y/n?"

I get up from my bed and open the door, seeing her tear-filled eyes. The beautiful y/e/c color was glistening from the pools in her eyes.