IX

Grayson's POV

"Kill him" he told me. My fists clenched at my sides. Bettleman stood still, eyeing my actions.

"Grayson, calm down" Dr. Bettleman pleads.

"Don't you fucking dare calm down. I said kill him!" i screw my eyes shut, trying to block out the voice. But it doesn't work.

My eyes pop back open, startling both Dirk and Y/n. "Choke him" he tells me.

"Grayson" Bettleman says softly. My jaw clenches, my eyes darkening. My mind darkening as well. The idea of his lungs collapsing under my foot. His throat closing as my thumbs dig into his skin.

"I said calm down" he says.

"You should shut the fuck up" i growl, my teeth clenching. Bettleman steps back, looking at Y/n as my eyes are fixed on him.

"Y/n, leave" he tells her.

"But, i-" her soft voice rings out.

"He said to go" i seethe, turning my head to glare at her. She looked shocked, jumping back slightly when my eyes burn holes into her. She leaves the cell, running down the hall. My head snaps back to Dirk, eyeing him carefully. "I told you i didn't want to see that shit" i say, taking a slow step closer to him, "and you fucking show up with it in my cell!" He places the evidence bag back in the case slowly.

I side-glance through to the hallway. The door is wide open.

"Run" the voice tells me.

Just as i'm about to head out, I'm tackled by two security guards. Their tight grips wrapping around my arms, holding me back from tearing into Bettleman like the voice had told me to.

"Let me go!" i yell, thrashing in their hold.

They push me to the ground, the right side of my face squishing against the cold cement as they hold me there. My eyes wander the room as my anxiety sets in. Panic spans over my body. Everything is blurry. Everything is fast in motion. Except her.

She's the only focused thing. Her hair in a messy bun, her tight leggings huggin her perfect legs. She's perfectly clear to my eyes. Her state of fear was clear to me as well. Shock and sadness written across her beautiful face.

"Agh!" i cry in pain, feeling the sting of a needle in the left side of my neck. I clench my teeth, trying to fight the urge to collapse. I go limp immediately, falling asleep against the cold floor.

Your POV

When Bettleman told you to leave, you ran straight for the guard room, knocking on the door. They ran out immediately to Dolan's cell, tackling him to the floor. Bettleman was calmly packing the evidence back in his case, locking it up safe.

Everything seemed to be in slow motion. Carl pushes Grayson's body to the floor, holding his knee against Grayson's back, keeping him there. You could feel your pulse becoming faster as Bettleman pulls out a large needle, giving it to the other guard. Grayson's eyes were fixed on you, and you only.

Your eyes screwed shut and you looked away as Carl drove the needle into Grayson's neck. He screamed out in agony as it was injected. You looked back in time to see Grayson instantly fall asleep against the cold cement, looking peaceful. Not dangerous anymore. The strict silence was contrasted against your fast-beating heart.

Bettleman collected his things, walking to you from the side of the bed, "let's go" he orders. His hand is placed on your shoulder, guiding you back to the guard room. You glance back at the sight of an unconscious Grayson, feeling your stomach twist with confusion.

"Why did he do that" you ask, turning back to walk with Bettleman.

He takes his hand off your shoulder, "seeing the evidence triggered something inside him, his psychotic side resurfaced" he explains. You try wrapping your mind around it, not believing that Grayson could kill again. Especially not Dirk. He couldn't kill him. "It took months to get it to subside" he adds.

"And now?" You ask, awaiting the other guard to open the door as you and Dirk reach it.

"It may take years, Y/n" he tells you, looking you in the eyes. You feel a sting of nervousness and anxiousness surge through you.

Years. It could take years for Grayson to get better...

"What will happen to him now that he tried to... hurt someone" you ask. The door opens and you both steo through, getting into the already-opened elevator.

Dirk presses the lobby button and turns back to you, speaking softly, "well the upside is that he didn't get the chance to harm anyone. But, for his attempt... he will be properly dealt with" he says, leaving the consequence too vague for you to understand.

Your brows furrow, "i'm sorry," you cross your arms over your chest, "properly dealt with?"

"He will be subjected to mild shock therapy" you gasp not knowing that shocking someone was still a legal thing to do.

"Shock therapy?"

The elevator comes to a stop and you both step out, walking to the front desk where Beth sat contently, typing away at her computer. "Yes, Y/n. That is the only way he will learn not to do that again" he says, grabbing Beth's attention.

"Who are we teaching to not do something?" Beth smiles brightly, eyeing Bettleman. Gross.

"Dolan just had a psychotic break, and he will be subjected to shock therapy" he tells her.

"Oh no, he was doing so well" she says, seeming sad about the situation. "Who did he try to hurt?"

Bettleman raises a finger, pointing it to himself. Beth lets out a gasp, "no."

Dirk nods and hands her the clipboard, "type up the things i wrote down, please? I will be needing them for Dolan's court date" he tells her.

Beth opens her mouth to speak again, "well isn't that Y/n's job as your assistant?" The both of you look at Bettleman, seeing as she has a point.

He looks from Beth's eyes to yours, tapping lightly on the top of the desk, "not today. I will be needing her to talk with Ethan" he nods at Beth, walking to the staircase.

"Good luck" Beth whispers, catching your attention almost immediately. You smile weakly, heading to the stairs as well, walking up them a few feet behind Bettleman. He waits at the top for you on the second floor, smiling slightly. He looked tired of his job.

"Grayson will be fine, Y/n. The shock therapy isn't as serious as it's made out to be" he assures you, but it doesn't work.

"I'm sure he will be" you smile, agreeing that Grayson would be okay. Even though, you knee he wouldn't. "I have to use the ladies room, excuse me" you head off to the bathroom, closing the door behind you. The only bathrooms in this building that weren't absolutely disgusting were the second floor and the lobby bathrooms.

You take a deep breath and walk to the sink, eyeing yourself in the mirror. Your stray hairs that didn't fit in your bun made it clear that you were bumming it out today.

The image of a struggling Grayson came to mind. He was looking up at you with concentrated eyes, as if he was focusing his gaze on you... Those hazel eyes were too precious to belong to such a wicked mind.

You shake the thought our of your head and wash your hands, drying them with the brown, stiff, paper towels.

You take one last look in the mirror and leave the restroom, closing the door behind you once again. You turn left to head up the stairs and hear someone behind you, "hey it's Y/n!" He says.

A/N: this chapter kinda sucks. I'm sorry
Word count: 1304