I Dare You ch.2

Author's Note: As I did with my other finished story, I've decided to post this full story on Wattpad as well. Even though I haven't had any feedback on the first chapter yet, I figured I should just put it up anyway. Hope you like it!
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

TWO

"How was your weekend, Rory?" Olivia asked me as we walked to our first period. Normally I'd just shrug in response, but I was able to drink enough coffee earlier to wake me up for once.

"It was boring as hell, but that's not new."

"You should've come over my house then, instead of watching Evan from your window."

"I would've, but I had to watch Ava and-hey! I wasn't watching him from my window," I argued, slumping in my seat near the window. I always chose to sit at a desk near the window since basically anything outside of the classroom will distract me, even if that distraction may just be two squirrels fighting over a nut.

"Oh please, we both know you watch him from your living room window with those dreamy eyes," Olivia joked. Well, she wasn't really joking. I may have done that in the past one time...plus a hundred.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, you want the truth? I happened to glance out of my open window and saw him greeting his new girlfriend. What was her name, Daniella?"

"Gabriella."

I shrugged, "Same thing." Before Olivia could continue talking about my slight love obsession with our best guy friend, the teacher walked in and started the lesson right away. I think that was the first time I was glad the teacher started a lesson, just to avoid my best friend's upcoming conversation involving Evan.

First period went by fast, and I soon found myself passing notes to Caylee during second period. For me, second period was probably the worst time to have math class. I mean, having math early in the morning is definitely on my list of things I despise-not just hate, but truly despise. At least if I had math first period, I could miss the first half of the class when my car breaks down or if there's a lot of traffic, since that happens a lot.

"Aurora, is that a note I see you passing?" my math teacher asked.

"Of course not!" I lied, trying to smile innocently. Just before he could call me out on my lie, the principal's secretary called my name to her office over the intercom. I grinned at him and gathered my things quickly.

"Saved by the intercom, see ya tomorrow!" I waved goodbye and skipped out of the class, walking towards the principal's office. I didn't even care why I was being called to the office, I was just glad to skip out on math class, and not make another teacher hate me. Mrs. Cline alone hated me enough to equal all of my teachers put together. She definitely did not need a math teacher on her side too.

As soon as I walked into the office, I was relieved to see Ms. Stanley in a good mood, though she was always in a good mood.

"Thank you for saving me Ms. Stanley! Another teacher was just about to join Mrs. Cline's dark side. It is absolutely impossible to focus in math class this early, so it's not my fault I had nothing better to do than pass a note to Caylee. Anyway, why did you call me here?"

Ms. Stanley opened her mouth to answer me, but the principal himself cleared his throat to answer my question. "Aurora, don't you remember what you're supposed to help me with today?"

I stared at him for a minute, until it clicked. "Oh yeah! I have to give the transfer student a tour. So where's the former Smith's Academy student?" I asked, smirking slightly. Anyone who came from the local private school wouldn't like it here, so I was just predicting what complaints the student would have about their new public school during the tour.