I Dare You ch.14

FOURTEEN

"Yes, we're going to use the handcuffs and the whip tonight!" I shouted over the phone in the middle of a store.

This might sound wrong on so many levels, and it is. Except I was 'talking dirty' over the phone for a dare. Therefore, several people were staring at me, which is exactly what we wanted while filming for our project.

I started laughing hysterically the minute Tina shut the cameras off to end the dare. I never saw so many disgusted looks shot at me by old people!

"That was amazing!" Olivia laughed. Tina, Joel and Caylee agreed, continuing to laugh as they replayed the dare on the two cameras used.

"It was awkward and weird; my kind of dare," I said, grinning. We were on our way to the nearest café since the dare took place in the same store as previous dares. The employees there must think I'm clinically insane for all the stuff I've done in there.

"Yeah, and now we can enjoy a nice cup of coffee!" Caylee said enthusiastically. Sometimes she was hyper enough without the coffee, but we loved her all the same.

We sat down at our usual booth in the café after ordering our beverages. Everyone started random conversations, which I joined in on, until Evan walked up to our table. These past few days, he's been hanging out with us more, like he used to do before he became popular in high school. Hayden was still ignoring us. Well, actually he was still ignoring me, because he talked to everyone except me. What a jerk.

"Where's your bitchy girlfriend?" I asked Evan, smirking. Oh he knew I still didn't like her.

He rolled his eyes in reply. "We broke up actually."

"Really? When?" Olivia interjected.

"Yesterday."

"Why?"

Evan shrugged. "We just disagreed on a lot of things," he answered, looking straight into my eyes. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why'd he look straight at me?

"Oh, so you actually realized she was a fake bitch?" I said.

He nodded slightly. "That was part of it," he replied. It sounded like there was much more to it that I wasn't understanding, but I ignored it when Tina interrupted us.

"Rory, we have two more dares for you today."

"Dares? What for?" Evan wondered.

"Our psychology project. We're filming people's reactions to my dares," I explained. He didn't need to know he was the reason this plan even started, or that it already successfully worked. I didn't like him anymore. I liked the person who was ignoring me for some unknown reason.

"Oh, that's interesting," he said.

"Yeah, and these next two dares should definitely be interesting," Joel said, causing me to raise my eyebrows at him.

"Your first dare is to pour this water bottle on your pants to look like you peed yourself," Tina told me, grinning.

"That's...definitely interesting," I said slowly.

Olivia nodded. "And once you walk around for a minute or two, your next dare is to ask for three girls' numbers," she explained.

"Okay, let's get started!" Tina said excitedly. I poured the water on my light colored jeans. It really did look like I wet myself, so I was just imagining what people's reactions would be like.

After about two minutes, Olivia gave a signal for me to start the next dare. I looked around the café for any girls my age. Once I found the first one, I walked right up to her. She was a brunette with dark eyes and tanned skin.