I Dare You ch.7

SEVEN

By the time I got home on Monday, I was glad to successfully avoid Hayden yet again. I felt bad about avoiding him, but after I fell on him and continued staring into his eyes, I felt...weird. Like something wasn't right, but I didn't exactly know what to make of it. Therefore, I wanted to stay far away from Hayden as possible to avoid any awkward situations.

Even though I had a lot of classes with Hayden, we really didn't interact with each other that much. He was acting a little different anyway by avoiding me as well. Normally he'd try to annoy me, usually succeeding, except he kept to himself mostly or conversed with other (popular) people.

"We're here! Ready to go?" Olivia shouted as she let herself in my house. I got up from my couch and walked towards the door. Tina suggested to study at the café for our psychology test, which Olivia and Joel also had to take. Caylee wasn't in our class, but she decided to come and help us study.

"Yeah, let me grab my bag," I answered, picking up my belongings and heading out the door. Liam was home for once, which meant he'd actually watch Ava and Max. Olivia's older brother, Kyle, was over too. He and Liam have been best friends as long as Olivia and I've been friends. The four of us used to be a lot closer, until they entered high school a year before Liv and I did. I wish we'd become closer again, except for the fact that Liam's always too busy with sports, parties, socializing, and even school sometimes.

As we entered the café around the corner and found an empty table, we got out our textbooks and notes to get right down to business. Caylee ordered our drinks for us and brought them over once we started talking about what was on the test. I'm a horrible test taker, so I needed all the help I could get.

However, after a couple hours of studying, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay, I don't think my brain can take anymore studying," I stated, resting my head on my arms.

"Me neither," Olivia said.

"Oh, how about another dare then? It's been a while!" Caylee suggested.

"Dare?" Joel wondered.

"Yeah, it's a plan we came up with so Rory-" I cut off Tina with a glare, not wanting her boyfriend to know our plan. Joel was friends with Evan, so I didn't want him slipping up and telling Evan I'm completely in love with him.

"So Rory would have more fun instead of focusing on school," Olivia interjected.

Joel didn't seem to buy that. "You know I don't believe that, but I'm not going to ask for the real reason behind the plan."

I smiled at him. "Good, we weren't going to tell you. Not even your girlfriend is going to tell you later, because it's sisters before misters." Joel shook his head at me, laughing.

"Anyway, ready for your dare?" Tina asked.

"Wait, you guys didn't discuss it."

"We've already discussed some future dares, so this will be one of them!" Caylee exclaimed.

I laughed, "Okay, well go ahead then."

Caylee clapped her hands together. "We dare you to stand on the table and loudly sing You Drive Me Crazy!"

My eyes widened at her song choice. "By Britney Spears?" My friends nodded with amusement. I rolled my eyes and muttered a few inappropriate words. All of us, excluding Joel, used to love Britney Spears, and we'd always sing her songs. I had nothing against her now, except for possibly risking my life by singing her song very loudly in the middle of the café, while standing on a table.