I Dare You ch.17

SEVENTEEN

"Are you going out today?" Liam asked me as I sat at the kitchen counter.

"Yes, I am actually. I'm going to play mini-golf with Evan today," I replied, taking a sip of my cup of coffee.

"With Evan? What about Hayden?"

I almost choked on my coffee. "W-what?"

Liam raised his eyebrows, staring directly at me. "I thought you had a thing for Hayden?"

I shook my head. "Nope, no thing for him. We're just friends. That's all." Even though I want to be more than that.

Liam rolled his eyes. "You're a horrible liar. Haven't you learned anything from me?"

I cleared my throat and put my cup in the sink. "Liam, seriously, I don't like Hayden that way," I lied.

"Holy shit," he said with widened eyes.

"What?"

He pointed to my nose with a weird expression on his face. "I think you're nose just grew a few inches from that lie!"

I swatted his hand away, rolling my eyes. "Oh shut up." Just then, the doorbell rang. Thank goodness Evan was here to save me from my stupid brother! "I'm leaving now."

"Whatever, that still doesn't change the facts!" he called after me.

Ignoring my older brother's last comment, I opened the door and stepped outside before Liam could say anything else.

"Hey, how are you?" Evan greeted with a huge smile.

"Excited to play mini-golf! I haven't played in ages," I replied, getting into his car.

The whole way there we made small talk and listened to the radio. Evan and I had similar taste in music, so we didn't feel the need to fight over the radio. After talking and singing, we finally arrived at the mini-golf course, and I immediately jumped out of the car. Hell yeah I was excited!

"Ready to lose?" he asked me playfully.

I grinned. "You better be. You're going down!"

About half way through the game, and after much talking, joking around, and losing on my part, I was ready to give up. But I'm Aurora Kellan. I don't quit in the middle of any game.

"Excuse me, can you tell me who's winning?" Evan joked.

"Shut up, the games not over," I shot back, grinning.

I walked to the next part of the course, not realizing there were a lot of rocks around the path we were walking on. I was just lucky enough (for once) to have Evan near me when I tripped. He easily grabbed my waist quickly, squishing me into his chest instead of letting me fall on the rocks in shallow, murky water.

"Thanks, that fall wouldn't have been too pretty," I said, just inches away from his face.

His smile seemed to disappear since he looked like he was thinking something over. In a matter of seconds, his lips crashed onto mine. The kiss was forceful on his part, yet it was shortened once I pushed him away.

"What the hell?" I said as my first reaction.

Evan looked hurt, but it was entirely his fault. "It just seemed right at the moment."

"I told you I just wanted to be friends! You agreed to that, remember?"

"I know, but I still like you," he said.

"Evan, I can't do this with you. How are you over Gabriella so quickly? She was one of your longer relationships," I wondered.

He rolled his eyes in frustration. "We're completely done. She's been trying to get with Hayden." As soon as he said that, his eyes widened. Apparently he wasn't supposed to say that.