I Dare You ch.15

FIFTEEN

"I know I've been ignoring you lately, but I need to tell you something."

I sighed, yet in a hopeful way. "What is it, Hayden?"

"I really like you. I have for a long time, I just didn't know what to do about it."

"You...what?"

He smirked, though this smirk wasn't like his usual twisted smile. "I like you, Aurora." Before I could reply, he kissed me, causing a warm sensation to go through my body. This kiss wasn't like our first one, where I was forced to kiss him through a dare. It wasn't like our kiss during the truth or dare game while camping either. This kiss was purely wanted by both of us.

"Just in case you couldn't tell, I like you too," I told Hayden with a wide grin.

He grinned back, but was interrupted before he could say anything in reply.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for barging in on you two!" Mrs. Jackson exclaimed happily. It was obvious she was excited we were together.

"Mom," Hayden said as a warning. He was still grinning though, much like his mother.

"I just want to talk to Aurora for a minute," she replied. I didn't really pay attention to her then, mainly because I was gazing at Hayden, thinking over what we just admitted to each other.

"Aurora?"

"Aurora? Sweetie, are you awake?" My eyes shot open once I realized I was asleep just before, and that I was just dreaming. But I wanted it to be reality so bad.

I looked up to see Mrs. Jackson smiling warmly at me. Once I gathered my thoughts, I came to the conclusion that I fell asleep on Hayden's couch after we finished cleaning up. I also concluded that Hayden was no longer next to me on the couch, though Olivia and Brody were still passed out on the other two couches.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm awake now," I replied, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you that you're mother called. She said she called Olivia's house, but you weren't there. She called here a few minutes ago," she explained. I sighed, putting my head into my hands.

"I told her you and Olivia slept in the guestrooms since you were still here at a late hour," Mrs. Jackson stated.

My head shot up in shock. "What?"

Mrs. Jackson smiled innocently, though her eyes said she knew what happened. "I understand that Hayden likes the occasional party, though I know other parents wouldn't be as understanding." I merely gaped at her until I grasped what she had just done for me.

I jumped up and gave her a huge hug. "Oh, thank you! Seriously! Anytime you need me to babysit Natalie, just give me a call. Well, that was the case before, but just for this, I'll be here even faster!"

Mrs. Jackson laughed before she started to walk upstairs. "Just tell my son that nothing better have broken!" I smiled at her, until I remembered that Hayden and I weren't on very good terms. Sure, I'd helped him clean up after his party, but I fell asleep before I could really talk to him. Then again, there wasn't much I could say to him at the moment. He'd been ignoring me, and I wasn't doing anything to reconcile our friendship.

Deciding not to think about our 'friendship', I walked over to Olivia to wake her up. Even though my mom knew we were at Hayden's house, Olivia's parents still thought she was at home. Therefore, if we didn't get back to her house fast, my best friend would be grounded for eternity.