I Dare You ch.3

THREE

"Aurora, do you want some scrambled eggs?" my mom asked as I sat down at the island counter.

"No thanks, Olivia should be here to pick me up any minute now," I mumbled, still not fully awake yet.

My mom patted my cheek. "Well at least it's Friday," she said with a smile. I nodded with a small smile back before getting up to leave.

"You and Tyler have to take the bus," I told Robby.

"Okay, but you might want to leave before Tyler finds that out then. You know he hates taking the bus and you don't want to hear his constant complaints to ruin your Friday morning."

I let out a short laugh, "You're so right. Bye!" Just as I was leaving, I saw Ava and Max running after Liam. Sure, he was always willing to play with them, but never watch them to the rest of us a break. I rolled my eyes, not even wasting my time to say that to him since he'd be leaving for school soon too. It was Friday, so nothing was going to ruin my day.

Soon enough, Olivia came to pick me up with Caylee already in her car, and we arrived at school in no time. We didn't have too long to sit around and talk, and eventually I was on my way to English class with Olivia. The teacher droned on about different types of essays, or at least that's what I put together from the few times I was paying attention. I was glad the bell rang, though I had math next.

"I'll see you in third!" Olivia called, turning in the opposite direction for her second period. I walked straight ahead to my math class, meeting up with Caylee outside the door.

"Hey! How was first period?" she asked, as jubilant as ever.

"It was fine, nothing too exciting happened. How was yours?" I replied.

She smiled brightly and sat at her desk, right next to mine. "Well, it was quite fantastic. Susan told Stevie who told Danica who told me that Rob said he likes me!"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Is Stevie a guy or girl?" I heard someone chuckle behind me, but I kept my eyes on Caylee.

"Is that all you have to say? Rob likes me!"

"Yeah, that's great Caylee, I was just curious. So...?"

She rolled her eyes. "Stevie's a girl. Why would a guy be named Stevie?"

"There was a guy named Stevie when I was in second grade. I called him Steve once and he slapped me, which caused me to punch him and get into a fight until the teacher broke us up. I was almost suspended that day."

Caylee stared at me with a confused expression, while the same person who chuckled before started laughing again. I finally turned around and saw Hayden two desks behind me looking at us, laughing his ass off.

"What are you laughing at?"

He shook his head, "You are so strange."

My mouth opened wide in shock while I put my thoughts together. "I am not!"

He smirked, "Yes you are."

"How the hell am I strange?"

"You just are."

"That's not an answer!"

"Aurora, if it's alright with you, I'd like to start my lesson," the teacher cut in. I glared at Hayden before turning around to face the teacher.

What in the world gave Hayden the right to tell me I'm strange! Even if I was strange, which I can be sometimes, he sure as hell doesn't know me well enough to tell me that! Besides, what's so strange about wanting to know the detail of a story my best friend told me?