I Dare You ch.5

FIVE

As I opened my eyes, I realized I was on a comfortable bed, yet in an unfamiliar room. Well, it was somewhat familiar as I started to remember seeing this room about a week ago. It looked like the guest room of the Jackson's home. But wait, why the heck was I in their guest room? And why was I wearing a guy's t-shirt and sweatpants?

I quickly jumped towards the door and stepped into the hall, which happened to be the same time Hayden was stepping out of his own bedroom.

"I love it when girls wear my clothes. It's sexy," he said, winking at me.

I glared at him. "I will kill you if you did this," I warned.

Hayden leaned against the doorway, and I noticed his hair was wet from a shower probably. "Relax Aurora, I didn't do anything other than carry you upstairs, which was twice in one day," he smirked. "My mother woke you briefly and you got yourself dressed."

"Oh. But why am I still here? I should've been at home after babysitting," I wondered, feeling slightly confused about the whole situation.

"You were out cold on the couch, and our mothers decided they didn't want you driving home since you were so tired," he explained.

I sighed, thinking of my concerned mother. And now, Hayden's mom seemed similar, which was definitely not good. "Well where are my clothes? I'd rather not wear this," I said, scrunching my nose in disgust.

He raised his eyebrows and smirked, not answering me. Luckily, that's when Brody stepped out of his room, looking a little annoyed.

"What's up with all the noise? Oh...hey Aurora," he said, smiling once he saw me. I smiled back to be polite, though I was still annoyed with his older brother.

"Wait, you two-"

"Did absolutely nothing, thank goodness. Your mother insisted that I stayed the night in the guestroom. Can you show me where the laundry room is? I'm guessing my clothes are there," I said to Brody. His smile grew wider, while Hayden's smirk turned into a frown.

"Sure," he answered, walking downstairs. I followed him to one of the back rooms that I didn't see during the house tour Hayden gave a couple weeks ago. Brody checked the dryer for my clothes, and handed them to me once he saw they were in there.

"Thanks. I'm glad you actually give me real answers and help me, unlike your brother."

He smiled, "No problem." I smiled back and walked out of the laundry room, passing Mrs. Jackson along the way.

"Good morning, Aurora," she greeted.

"Good morning. Sorry for passing out on your couch last night. I guess I was more tired than usual."

"Oh, it wasn't a problem. Your mom and I just didn't want you driving home in such a condition. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, I did."

"Great. I'm going to start breakfast now, but if you want to take a shower while I'm cooking, you can use Hayden's shower."

"Uh, I'm sure Hayden wouldn't want me using his shower-"

"Nonsense, darling. He won't care since he's already dressed. Brody, go show her where to go," Mrs. Jackson ordered, smiling as always.

I slowly followed Brody to Hayden's empty room, trying to keep myself calm. Of course I didn't want to take a shower in the same shower someone I strongly dislike uses. It was awkward enough waking up in their house, and taking a shower in Hayden's personal bathroom would just add to that awkwardness. But, I usually took quick showers, so I'd just make this one even quicker. I thanked Brody before stepping into the bathroom.