I Dare You ch.16

SIXEEN

"Are you up for two more dares?" Tina asked over the phone.

I finished getting my jeans on before answering her. "Yeah, where do you want to meet?"

After Tina told me the details, I ended up meeting the whole group at a large supermarket. I had no idea what my next two dares were going to be, so I mentally prepared myself for anything.

"Alright, you only have four more dares left!" Olivia informed me excitedly.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, and your first dare is simple. You just have to go around the store and play Marco Polo with yourself," Tina replied.

"That is simple. Three minutes?" Once Tina nodded and turned on her camera, I started the dare. I guess she was filming me, while Joel filmed my audience's reactions. Olivia and Caylee were watching with amused expressions on their faces.

"MARCO! POLO!" I repeatedly yelled those two words throughout the store for the next three minutes. Once the time was up, my throat was just as relieved as the customers were for me to stop shouting.

"Ready for the next, and final, dare for the day?" Tina asked me. I nodded, waiting for the next interesting experience I'd go through.

"We're daring you to put boxes of condoms in ten people's cart and say 'better safe than sorry'!" Olivia said happily. Caylee jumped up and down with more excitement than anyone, while I just stared back at them with raised eyebrows.

"Okay, I guess that's easy enough," I said, grabbing several boxes of condoms in my hands.

Throughout my dare, I received many disturbed looks. I managed to avoid people with kids, just so they wouldn't have to explain to the young children what the boxes of condoms were really used for. But other than that, I warned elderly people, young women, a couple young guys, and one other teenager that I didn't recognize.

Just as I thought my dare was coming to a successful end, I froze when I started saying my line about the condoms to the last person of my dare.

"Better safe than-" I dropped the few boxes left in my arm, staring wide eyed at the man in front of me.

"What on earth are you doing?" he asked, making me feel quite small with his disappointed tone.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Jackson! I was just-"

"You were just what? Trying to promote something a young lady shouldn't be? Don't you have any manners?" he questioned rudely.

"It was...I..." I couldn't finish my response, but who could when an intimidating man like Mr. Jackson was so rudely questioning me like this?

"What's the matter?" someone asked from behind me.

"Aurora? What's wrong?" Hayden asked once he was close enough to see my slightly paled face, I'm sure.

"I was just, uhm, doing a dare," I said quietly, staring at the floor instead of Mr. Jackson's piercing eyes.

"So this is what you do for a dare? I can't imagine what other things you do for fun," Mr. Jackson said.

"No, it's for a project," I added.

"Doing dares for a project? I'm thankful my son isn't in those stupid classes." My eyes darted up to his, definitely angry now. But I didn't say anything, since Hayden spoke before me.

"Actually, I'm in most of Aurora's classes, including the class she's doing her project for. You can call me stupid all you want, but I know Aurora's much too intelligent to be in anything but advanced classes," Hayden said defiantly to his father.