I Dare You ch.4

FOUR

About twenty minutes later, Olivia picked me up from my house and we were off to the park. Caylee struggled to find a song she loved on the radio, finally settling for Saturday by The Secret Handshake.

"Oh I love this song! Even though it's Friday, the lyrics fit perfectly for Rob and me!" she shouted over the music. Liv, Tina and I laughed at her excitement, singing along with her during the parts we knew.

When we arrived at the park, we went over to the swings like we usually did. The park was pretty big, with benches all along the paths. The trees surrounding the park were colorful due to the fall weather, and there were two playgrounds for the kids to use. We always went to the older playground and sat on the swings, letting the younger children to play on the newer one.

People of all ages walked through the park; couples jogging, people walking their dogs, mothers pushing strollers, and a few teenagers that flew by on their skateboards. I didn't recognize anyone, but that was probably due to the fact that it was Friday afternoon, and "cool" people did better things than spend time at the park I guess.

"So, what's the whole rumor situation? It wasn't Hayden?" Tina asked.

I sighed, "No, it wasn't him. I don't know who it could be. I mean, it had to be someone in second period, I just don't know who."

"Well, who's in that class besides you, Caylee and Hayden?" Olivia asked. I listed off most of the people I could remember.

"Oh, and Darren, Gabriella, and Troy. That's it I think."

"That's it!" Tina exclaimed. We stared at her, a tad bit surprised at her shouting. She was always the calm one of the four of us.

"It had to be Gabriella! Think about it, she started talking about you in the hall, and that's why you punched her. She's been a bitch to you all week behind Evan's back just because you're his neighbor," Tina explained. Then it clicked, Tina was right!

"Damn! That stupid-"

"Okay now, let's just not talk about this anymore. We'll deal with it on Monday. For now, we have a weekend to enjoy," Olivia said.

"Yeah, and we have a dare for you!" Caylee said happily.

I laughed, "Alright, what's the dare."

"Well, we didn't have one yet. Let's converse for a minute," Olivia said to Tina and Caylee. I rolled my eyes at them, smiling. After a moment of whispering, Tina spoke up.

"You ready for your second dare?"

"Yes, just get on with it!" I joked.

"Okay! You have to tell ten guys that their fly is open," she said.

"That's it?"

"Of course not! Part of the dare is running from guy to guy like a maniac," Olivia chuckled.

"What?"

"Oh c'mon, it'll be fun! Just run like a crazy person to ten guys and tell them their fly is open," Caylee laughed.

I shrugged and got up from the swing I was sitting on. "I seriously have to act like a crazy person?"

"Unless you're going to pass up the dare," Tina challenged.

"No, I'm not going to pass it up. I'll do it," I replied, searching for my first victim. Once I found a random guy, I started my dare. There were actually quite a few guys in the park, all of whom seemed to look at me like I was crazy. At least that was my objective of the dare.

Occasionally I looked back at my three best friends, who were laughing their asses off. After the first five guys I probably emotionally scarred, I started laughing too, which made me appear even more delusional.