Chapter 4

Here's Chapter 4 loves! Enjoy! I hope?

Matthew's POV:

"Can I have one chicken sausage breakfast wrap, three hashbrown and one McCafe Cappuccino?" I nodded as I typed her order quickly into the computer.

"That will be $15.20 in total." Taking the money from her, I served her her meal swiftly before moving on to the next customer.

"Good morning Sir, how can I help you?" A muscular man came into view with his eyes glued onto his phone. He is muscular but not like those over-muscular ones.

"Um...can I have one Happy Meal with apple slices as the side, one Breakfast Supreme, one chicken ham breakfast wrap, three hashbrown, one cup of hot tea and one cup of hot latte? Take-away." He recited as he read off his phone. 

"That will be $30.80 in total." He slid his phone into his pocket before taking out his wallet and handed me a fifty. He looked up from his wallet as he handed me the money, his eyes meeting mine. It's the same hazelnut brown I've seen before. I can never go wrong with beautiful eyes like those.

"Thanks. Here's your change and your meal. Have a nice day." Handing him his change and meal, I realized that he was still standing there, looking at me confused.

"Is there a problem, Sir?" He snapped out of his daze immediately, shaking his head in embarrassment.

"Sorry. No, no problem at all. I was...I was...just surprised with your efficiency? Thanks by the way. Have a nice day." He rambled hastily before taking the bags and dashing off with slightly pink cheeks. His tanned skin hides his blush well.

"Good morning..." An hour more before the crowd dies down...great...

Emily's POV:

"I'm back." He place the bags in the kitchen before walking back into the living room.

"Daddy! Did you get my minion toy?" His eyes opened wide at Caydon's words. He must have forgot at usual.

"Er...ya! It's in the bag?" Caydon cheered as he ran to dig the bag as Dylan stood there rooted.

"In the bag...you sure?" I gave him the knowing look while he shoots me a death glare. What? I'm not the one who forgot.

"It's a evil minion chomper, daddy!" Caydon shouted in excitement as he ran to show him his new toy. He just stared at it speechless. 

"Wow...That's great Matt. Why don't we go and eat now?"

"Okie daddy! Let's go eat Auntie Emmy!" Caydon exclaimed happily before scampering into the kitchen. Once he was out of sight, Dylan let out a huge sigh of relief as he stared blankly, overthinking as usual.

"Stop overthinking dumbass. You'll grow white hair by 40 if you continue to overthink things."

"Hey Em, is it possible to have feelings for a person you've just met? Like you think that you've seen them before when you've never?"

"Why? Did you see someone?" He shrugged confused as he leaned against the wall.

"Maybe? I don't know...he seems familiar, like I've seen him somewhere but I don't recall meeting him before. Is that even possible?"

"It can be possible I guess...maybe it's fate. I believe that you meet someone for a reason and not just due to coincidence."

"Oh...okay...let's just go and eat first." He mumbled as he walked into the kitchen.

Well, it's about time he finally settles down. Hopefully the person is his Mr Right.

Dylan's POV:

"Dylan! We're out of milk and granola!" What...so fast?

"I'll go and buy them now then. Do you want me to buy lunch back?"

"It's alright. I'll be cooking." Em poked her her out from the kitchen as she waved me off.

"Okay." Thank goodness she's around. I can't cook at all. If she isn't around, we'll be eating take-outs daily.

   ~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~ 

Grabbing the bags, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. 

From: Claire

Hi boss! Sorry to text you now only but I have to travel back to Florida. Family problems...I won't be able to come for work for the next month. Sorry!

What? Who is going to do the wrappings now? I think I should find a temporary part-timer.

To: Claire

Hi Claire, it's alright. Hope your problems can be settled soon. I can't lose a employee like you for long.

From: Claire

Thanks boss! You're the best. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Before I can even reply again, I felt a body slam into me abruptly, making me stumble back slightly and my phone to drop onto the ground.

"Oh my goodness! Sorry, Sir! I'm really sorry!" The small figure apologized repeatedly as he stood frozen in his spot. Picking my my phone which is thankfully as good as new, I stood up straight to give the person a soft smile. 

A frown formed on my face once I saw what he was wearing. Why is he wearing such thin worn-out pants and a t-shirt only? It's snowing for goodness sake! 

"It's alright. Are you okay?" I stared down into his beautiful pair of familiar looking eyes, wondering where did I last saw them.

"Y-Yes. C-Can you l-let me go? I'm g-going to be l-late." He stuttered fearfully as he stared at my hand which I've unknowingly gripped around his wrist firmly. It's so small and boney...and cold...

"Shit. Sorry." Letting go of his wrist immediately, he sped down the road swiftly and into the supermarket without looking back even once.

I wonder where did I last saw those eyes...

Urgh! Me and my extremely hopeless short-term memory. I hate it so much. I bet by the time I reach 80, I can't even remember what I was doing the minute before.

 I bet by the time I reach 80, I can't even remember what I was doing the minute before

Matthew's clothes ^

Matthew's clothes ^