Chapter 23

Dylan's POV:

"Morning loves! Are you ready to go now?!" Emily bounced cheerfully into my shop while greeting my employees energetically as they greeted her back with the same enthusiasm.

"Let me call Matthew first." I hope he knows how to use his new phone already. I bought him a phone as his birthday present recently. It was extremely interesting by how fascinated he was by it.

Dialing his number, I called him only to have my call ended. He must have pressed the end call. The second time I called, his voice went through the line.

"Dylan?"

"Hi gummy bear. I assume you figured out how to answer an incoming call now?"

"Y-Yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't know which to press." I chuckled at his embarrassment from his awkward tone.

"It's alright love. Oh ya, I'll be going out today to shop for supplies so you don't need to bring me lunch today. Thanks."

"Okay. Take care. I love you."

"I love you too gummy bear. See you tonight."

"So where are you going to get? You asked me to go out with you but you didn't tell me what you're getting. If you're thinking of getting him dildos, lingeries, these sort of things, don't ask me. I don't know which type, length, thickness or style he or you like-" Says the one who bought Matthew his first lingerie...

"I'm getting a ring. Not a promise ring." She stared at me wide eyed with a bright sparkle in her eyes.

"Are you going to propose to him?!"

"No. The ring is for me to use on his cock." I said sarcastically thinking that she will sense it but she nodded at my words with understanding instead. Does she think that I'm serious about that?

"Obviously I'm going to propose to him, you dummy. What other functions can a ring be used for?!" I flicked her in the forehead making her yelp and hit me in the arm. "Woah! I'm driving you monster!"

"I seriously thought that you're buying a cock ring for him! You tricked me! You bastard. Here I was thinking which type will make you go bananas over him." Says the one who asked me not to ask her about such stuffs...why am I even friends with her. *facepalms internally*

"So when and where are you going to propose?"

"I'm thinking of proposing to him during the award ceremony, before I end my speech." She swooned like a high school fangirl as she bounced excitedly in her seat.

"That's so sweet! So its like a super duper joyous occasion! You're birthday plus the award plus proposal day. Damn...if my boyfriend can be as sweet as you."

"I'm trusting you to not tell Matthew anything."

"You can count on me to tell- I mean to not tell Matthew." She smiled sheepishly before correcting her sentence quickly.

Let's just say that I trust her so much till I'm praying to all the gods in heaven that she wouldn't spill the beans accidentally.

"Let's go inside that shop. I've heard that the rings sold there are beautiful." Emily suggested as we rode the elevator up to the third floor.

"Welcome to Antique Jewellery. May I help you?" A guy around my age came forward to greet us when we entered the shop.

"Ah yes. I'm finding a proposal ring for a guy."

"Oh yes. This way please." Leading us to a showcase, he revealed to us an array of rings of different colours and designs.

"How about this one?" Emily pointed at a ring with diamonds all around the sides and an extremely big diamond at the centre.

"Nah. Too flashy." Scanning through one by one, a ring finally caught my eye. It's beautiful.

"Can I look at that one with the blue gems at the side?"

"Sure. You have a good taste Sir. It's our newest edition." This ring is beautiful. It'll suit him well.

"Wow. It looks so beautiful, Dylan. Matthew will like it. Trust me on this." Emily chirped up, finalising my choice with her words.

"I'll take this. Can you engrave words inside the band?"

"Of course. What would you like Sir?"

"Can you help me engrave this?" I wrote the words on a piece of paper before handling it over to him. I hope it's not too cheesy.

Loving You Forever~ D.V

"Absolutely. Would you like to pay by cash or credit card?"

"Credit."

"Sure. This way."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"I'm back." I announced as rapid footsteps came soon after.

"Daddy! Auntie Emmy!" Caydon threw himself at my legs as he waved at Emily cheerfully.

"Where's Mummy Cade?"

"In the room. Mummy say he tired." Turning to Emily, she nodded before leading Caydon to the kitchen while I rush upstairs to our room to see Matthew lying on our bed asleep.

"Matthew? Wake up gummy bear." I shook him slightly, making him stir a little before opening those beautiful eyes of his.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... just tir-" Before he can complete his sentence, he scrambled out of the bed and into the toilet to puke his guts out. Shit. Rushing behind him, I rubbed his back soothingly as he vomited.

"Here." Handling him a glass of water, he rinsed his mouth before dropping on the floor on his ass when his legs gave way.

"Let's bring you back to bed." Nodding silently, I carried him up carefully as he laid his head against my chest with his eyes closed.

"Rest well love. I'll go call for the doctor." Pulling the covers over him, I place a light peck on his head before exiting and calling for the family doctor.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"How is he Benedict? He'll be fine right? He was puking and looking so lethargic and seemingly lightheaded."

"Don't worry Dylan. It's nothing serious. He's just allergic to soy. Just don't give him that then it'll be fine and remember to give him his medicine when he wakes up. Soy allergy only causes discomfort and not death so you can calm down." Breathing out deeply, I felt myself relaxed greatly at his words.

"Thank goodness. Thank you Benedict."

"You're welcome Dylan. I'll take my leave now. See you next time, hopefully in a better situation."

Thank goodness. I thought that he contracted something bad. Thank goodness....