Chapter 22

QOTD: How old are ya'll? (If you don't mind) I'm soon to be 16 this year.

Matthew's POV:

"Mummy, who are those scary looking guys following us?" Caydon asked fearfully as he tugged my arm panickly.

Turning around, my eyes landed on two bulky looking men sitting in a slow moving car not far behind us. One of them was talking on the phone about them spotting the boy. I can lip-read.

"N-No one important." Holding onto his hand tightly, I picked up my pace as Caydon followed suit. The car however, continued to trail behind us.

"I'm scared mummy." His bottom lips quivered in fear as tears sprung up in his eyes.

"Shhh. Don't worry okay? We'll be fine." Kneeling down beside him, I wipped his fallen tears away tenderly as he sniffled softly, his fist clenching tightly around my hand.

"I need you to be a brave hero for me now okay?" He nodded meekly as he rubbed away his tears before staring into my eyes.

"I'm going to carry you home now. When we reach home, quickly call daddy first okay?" Once he understood my words, I counted to three before picking him up quickly and fashing all the way back to the house as the car followed us tightly behind.

"Okay go! Call your daddy now Cade!" Entering the house, I place him down swiftly, before running to lock the door and shut all the windows and curtains before rushing over to Caydon who's shaking like a leaf.

"Here, let me talk to daddy, Cade. Why don't you go and have a bath, okay? I'll be up there soon." Giving him the reassuring eyes, he breathed out deeply before walking upstairs.

"Dylan?"

"Oh my goodness! Are you guys fine?!"

"We're fine Dylan but they're still outside the house in their car. I read one of their lips and I believe that they're here for Caydon."

"I'm on the way back now. Stay indoors at all time okay? Don't come out at all costs."

"O-Okay. Stay safe Dylan. I love you."

"I love you too gummy bear. I'll see you soon."

Climbing upstairs, I went into the bathroom to see Caydon sitting in the bathtub crying.

"Shhhh. Don't cry Cade. Mummy's here, mummy's here. I won't let anything happen to you." I took him into my arms as he cried into my chest. The sound of his cries shattered my heart. He must have been so afraid. How can they go after a 6 year old child?!

Those bastards. I'll chop their limbs off one by one before stabbing them repeatedly in their chest then slice all of their organs into pieces and before their last breath, I'll chop their heads off with a butcher knife before throwing their bodies into the ocean for the sharks to feed on and their heads to the lions. If the lions even want them. I don't think that they would want to have food poisoning.

"Come on love, don't cry already okay? Let's get you some ice cream after your bath. You like cookies and cream right?" He soon calmed down from crying and started to sob lightly as I place a kiss on his forehead, reassuring him that all is well.

"Are t-they gone n-now mummy?" He stared up at me with wide innocent eyes making my heart break at the fear he had gone through. I really hope that they're gone.

"Yes Cade. Don't worry." Smiling softly at him, he nodded gladly while leaning against the tub as I scrubbed his hair with shampoo.

"Mummy?"

"Yes baby?" He leaned up to place a light kiss on my cheek before sitting back down in the tub.

"I love you." Tears welled up in my eyes at his sweetness as I kissed him back softly, making him giggle cutely.

"I love you t-" Before I can complete my sentence, a gunshot rang out from outside the house, making my blood run cold. Dylan. Fuck!

"Mummy, what was that?"

"S-Someone's balloon m-must have exploded." I said as calmly as possible when in actual fact, I can't wait to run out of the house to see what happened.

"Oh..."

"Cade, can you wash up yourself? I'm going to check if daddy's back."

"Okay mummy."

Closing the bathroom door behind me, I ran downstairs as fast as my legs could carry me before bursting out of the house and to the pathway to see Dylan standing there safe and sound with a gun in his hand.

"Oh my goodness. You're safe. Thank goodness." At once, all the adrenaline disappeared, making my legs turn into jelly as I fell onto the pavement in relief. Dylan's safe. He's safe. Everyone's safe.

"Are you okay?! You're not hurt right?" He helped me up quickly as he checked all over for any injuries.

"W-We're fine. You scared me. I-I thought I l-lost you. What happened?" Shrugging, he kept the gun back into the car before lifring me up and carrying me bridal-style back into the house.

"They didn't wanted to leave so I got my gun out to scare them off but they didn't care. Only after I shot their car's side mirror off, then did they drive away."

"Do you know them? Why did they come after Caydon?" His eyes flashed with guilt as he averted his eyes away from me.

"Sort of? It was a long time ago. I know this is a bit too much but can you not run away before I can explain everything to you?" He held my hands in his tightly as if he's afraid that I'll run away.

"Don't worry Dylan, I'm not going anywhere no matter what."

"Okay...when I left the house, I had nothing. No money, shelter or food. When I was roaming the streets one day finding for a job, there's a guy around his twenties who offered me a job which he say can make big bucks. I didn't know what the job was of course until he gave me bags of white powder, aka drugs to sell. I earned a lot in a short time of course but I quited soon after. One day, I found out that they're doing human trafficking secretly, selling children as slaves.

I got myself out of the gang asap and reported them to the cops. The boss, also the same person who offered me the job, got arrested and was released only recently. The cops released all the children and confiscated all his acquired dirty money. I believe that he's out for revenge now...so that's what happened." I stared at him blankly as I processed all the info.

"M-Matthew?" He tensed up ar my silence as fear filled his eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm not leaving you. Just needed some time to process all the informations. Why don't you go and order some pizza. We can cuddle and watch a show together so as to divert Cade's attention. "

"Okay. Finding Dory?"

"Sure. Thanks Dylan, for telling me the hard truth and being the best boyfriend in the world. I'll never ever leave you. Trust me. I love you too deeply."

"I-I love you too Matthew. I-I'll g-go order t-the pizzas." He stuttered with obvious delight in his tome before rushing off with a bright smile on his face.

I will never leave them. I can't.